Product Manager, SEO & User Acquisition - Location: Remote, US or Canada
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to lead SEO and content, our largest user acquisition channels at Zapier, while supporting our budding paid marketing, PR, and social channels. Interested in heading a remote team who’s on a mission to help people everywhere be more productive at work? Then read on…
Even though our job description may seem like we are looking for a candidate with a very specific skillset, the role will be tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You’re skilled SEO product manager and can combine your analysis skills to help shape roadmaps and execute on strategies that will help improve search rankings, visits, sign-ups, and and more.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Even though our job description may seem like we’re looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet these criteria:
You’re an experienced SEO lead. You’ve built the SEO roadmap for a site with 1m+ organic sessions a month with 100k+ pages, and you can replicate that approach across a site like Zapier.
You’re a skilled product manager. You’ve led an in-house SEO team and have the ability to both set the SEO product vision as well as lead a team of engineers, UX designers, and data analysts.
You’re adept at technical SEO. You have the technical SEO skills and experience to execute on your roadmap and stay up-to-date on the latest developments in the SEO community.
You build tools to automate reporting. Whether homegrown or off-the-shelf, you’ve built the SEO stack to manage and monitor SEO efforts at scale. You don’t believe SEO is hard to track, you set up the systems that validate your work.
You can translate analysis into plans. You know how to interpret the data you see, turn that into product roadmaps and well-designed features, and help teams execute on those roadmaps.
You respect the user. You embrace white-hat techniques because you know that when users interact with a site in a positive way you build long-term loyal customers
You’re a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You’ll use written summaries and reports to communicate strategy, plans, findings, and results to the marketing and full Zapier team.
You’re a champion for doing things efficiently. At Zapier, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you’ll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Set and own monthly SEO traffic and user acquisition and conversion goals. Consistently communicate those plans and progress to the team
- Collaborate on a daily basis with a cross-functional team of designers, UX researchers, engineers, and marketers to execute towards search goals
- Improve search rankings across our existing keyword targets and analyze keyword opportunities to help us spot new areas for growth
- Ensure proper SEO execution and QA site changes for potential SEO impacts
- Provide product and UX design support for channels beyond SEO, specifically PR, social, and paid marketing efforts
- Support existing link building programs and identify and build out new programs
- Serve as the SEO evangelist within the company and help build it into one of the company’s core competencies
- Plug the holes: You should be comfortable executing on a variety of SEO or growth related tasks yourself to help finish items when the team doesn’t have dedicated resources and outsourcing or hiring isn’t an option
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change
- As part of our All Hands Supportinitiative, every week help customers have the best possible experience with Zapier
For the past six years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
If you want to work remote, that’s great. If you want to work near others, that’s cool too. Our team of 100+ is distributed because it lets us work with the best people. You don’t have to be located in the USA either. Some team members live in the United Kingdom, Thailand, India, Nigeria, Taiwan, Guatemala, New Zealand, Australia, and more! You just need the skills and drive to succeed in this role and the ability to work from anywhere.
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get tointeract with people from these great companies
While we take care of our international folks as best we can, currently, healthcare and retirement plans are only available to US-based employees.
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.