Mattermost is hiring for a Customer Reliability Engineer. Thousands of organizations in every possible industry depend on Mattermost for daily operations. The problems you solve and the solutions you help develop will help millions of people worldwide as well as help establish you a leader in the open source community. You will get to work with the hottest technologies and solve some of the complex problems around. You will have every opportunity to become a technical rock star. Best of all the work you do will matter, not only to the company and our customers but to a world wide community. Did I mention, you can do this job from anywhere in the world? Yes, Mattermost is a 100% work from home company.
What will the Customer Reliability Engineer do?
If you know what an Site Reliability Engineer does for a single company, expand that goodness to thousands of companies, data centers, and different teams worldwide. Your role to our customers is to be the technical face and authority on all things not only Mattermost, but on open source, DevOps, and the tech industry as a whole. Daily customers will be coming to you with questions, asking for guidance, bringing you problems they need an expert to solve (you will be that expert).
You will will wear a lot of hats for our customers and in the community. You will always be educating, teaching and advising customers on the best way to build out their systems and applications to make the most not only from Mattermost, but from industry leading operational best practices for DevOps, ChatOps, and SecOps. You will also be a master detective taking complex problems and breaking them down into small manageable pieces and quickly resolving them not only for our customers but for everyone in the community. Next up you can expect a healthy amount of architecture and design (and maybe a little bit mad science). You will be helping to craft the answers to not only how do we achieve this goal and do this thing, but also answering questions like I wonder what would happen if I did this. Experimentation with different technologies and figuring out how they fit together into a cohesive awesome solution is critical to success. However, equally important however is knowing how to translate your experiments and hypothesis into rock solid bullet proof solutions that are ready to be run at scale in thousands of high growth environments worldwide.
You Will Get To :
- Learn how the top companies in the world build and scale applications, getting hands on experience on what to do and what not to do.
- Help define the next generation workops, devops, chatops, and secops best practices and standards.
- Work with the hottest technologies ( Golang, Kubernetes, Docker, Elastic, etc ).
- Investigate interesting and challenging problems that will help you grow and be rewarding.
- Grow into a Rockstar, our goal is to help all of our employee advance in their careers. Personally we want people to be doing the best work of their careers here at Mattermost.
- Be part of a vibrant and growing community. You will get the chance to contribute code and fix problems that will get instant visibility and recognition from a vast global audience.
- Did I mention you can work from anywhere in the world?
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Someone with a passion and knack for solving problems no one has ever seen.
- The ability to think outside the box and create solutions to complex issues.
- Inquisitive mind who is always looking to learn new technologies and try new things.
- Someone who believes in solving problems once, documenting the solution and reiterating on the solution as new information is available.
- Previous experience in technical operations, full stack administration, SRE, DevOps, or development.
- A strong desire to become a technical rock star and advance quickly.
- A self-starter who is going to push themselves to learn and grow faster then we can push them.
- Technical Skills in many of the following: Go, NGNIX, React, HTML5, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Docker, Kubernetes, Elastic, Mesos, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, IOS, Android, SAML, OAuth