Global Marketing Manager
Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G literally, none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
We are looking for a next-generation marketer who is not only creative but data-driven. You know how to convert data into insights in order to develop campaigns that speak to our IT and network engineering audiences in fun, compelling ways. Working closely with digital marketing, creative agencies, freelancers, and every area of the Ciena marketing organization, you will become the expert in understanding our audiences and will drive the conversations with them. You’ll play a key role in crafting the next chapters of our industry-changing story.
- Lead the development and management of integrated marketing plans including customer value prop, go-to-market strategy, creative development, program execution and measurement frameworks
- Ensure program planning is aligned to global sales strategies, product priorities and in concert with regional-marketing leaders
- Drive cross-functional alignment with social media, content marketing, digital marketing, community, public relations, events, portfolio marketing and marketing operations to implement a unified go-to-market approach
- Develop KPIs and ensure metrics and reporting capabilities provide the data needed to understand what’s working and what needs optimization
- Direct creative agencies and freelancers, providing clear requirements and briefs that guide strong narrative development
- Build project plans with clear objectives, project timelines and program budgets
- Be the in-house voice of the customer Leverage internal data, third-party research, and metrics from our martech systems to understand customer behavior and build personas that will guide the development of your campaigns and programs
- Develop and report on insights gathered from monitoring trends across campaigns and performance of each channel, content type and audience
- BS/BA in marketing, advertising, communications or journalism or MBA Marketing or equivalent.
- 4-7 years’ experience in a B2B marketing role, preferably but not necessarily in technology.
- Previous experience with thought-leadership programs and building integrated-marketing campaigns.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to plan, execute, measure, and optimize marketing programs.
- Strong budget management and tracking experience.
- Strong writing skills required. Must be able to review, proof and edit copy. Candidates will be asked to show work samples.
- Detail-oriented and strong team player with excellent interpersonal, listening and verbal communications skills.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing: SEO, Paid Search, web, email marketing and Social.
- Experience with martech platforms such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, Kapost, Tableau, etc.
- Experience with marketing analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics and other e-mail marketing tools.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently self-directed to achieve ambitious goals.
- Strong project management and organizational required. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Strong track record of meeting tight deadlines and staying flexible in the face of change.
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people’s lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That’s what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the shortlist and our formal interview process