Senior Python Engineer - Remote
Job Type: Full Time
Job ID: 2018-11268
Job Post Information: External Company URL
We started EXOS in the late 90s with the belief that human performance is for all of us. We felt strongly about this but weren’t yet sure how to impact the most people. Rather than confining ourselves to established industries such as healthcare, corporate wellness, and sports performance, we’re interested in putting people in the best position to take control of their health so they can succeed at anything. And so, we created a category of one and that’s why we are recognized for our platform of achievement that any organization can use to help all of its people reach their potential.
We know that athletes’ careers evolve and their goals change, but the one constant is the demand for staying at the top of their game, and pushing it to new levels. That’s why we develop personalized game plans for athletes around the world at any point in their career. We’ve helped individuals and teams in just about every sport on the elite level as well as college, youth, and high school. Wherever athletes are preparing to compete, EXOS specialists are helping them get there from club team tryouts and high school championships to renowned events like NFL combine, the Olympics, and the World Cup.
EXOS is seeking a Senior Python Engineer with a strong web development background to build new and expand existing functionality for various backend services. You will join a strong and passionate team of both US and international developers. If you like being part of a high-performance team solving problems and building sophisticated applications that improve the lives of others, this is an excellent opportunity for you.
This is a remote position but if you’re near West Hollywood, LA, you can always find an open desk at our office.
- Designing, developing, and maintaining new and existing python code following coding standards and best practices
- Mentor junior members and lead feature-based groups or project teams
- Review functional specifications and wireframes and provide estimates
- Attend daily stand-ups and any other meetings schedules using voice or video calls
- Review peer code daily
- Contribute to or lead group discussions
- Manage tasks using JIRA and communicate status to tech leads and project managers
- Support production releases and investigate issues, if needed
- Highly proficient in python 3 and the ability to pick up other languages quickly
- Strong and deep professional experience designing and implementing web applications, especially developing and consuming APIs using Django, Flask, or other well known web framework
- Substantial experience in using git to manage code bases, branching, merging, etc.
- Experience working in microservices architecture is a bonus
- Experience and/or willingness to work in a remote/distributed team
- Excellent attention to detail, strong prioritization skills
- Experience working in agile projects
- Willing to use Pycharm IDE and MacOS for development
- Experience in Fullstack development
- Experience in developing distributed and microservice systems
- Experience with automation in build process and code deployment
- Excellent verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at :
Attention: People Operations, Accommodations
2629 E. Rose Garden Ln.
Phoenix, AZ 85050