Why we do what we do:
Logikcull’s mission is to democratize discovery. The costs and risks associated with complex data projects like e-discovery, responding to FOIA requests, and conducting internal investigations are skyrocketing as the amount of data increases. Logikcull is transforming these processes so they can be done in minutes, not days — by anyone, anywhere. As a result, our customers — solo attorneys to massive law firms, Fortune 500 companies to leading non-profits — can find and use important information quickly so they can focus on their important work, whether it’s pursuing a better democracy or saving the Earth.
Who we are:
Logikcull.com is instant discovery for modern legal teams. Its secure, cloud-based solution helps law firms and organizations of all sizes solve the expensive, complex, and risky challenges associated with eDiscovery, internal investigations, and open records response. With Logikcull, you can start a discovery project in five seconds, from anywhere at any time on any device.
Our current stack includes: Rails, Backbone + Marionette, MySQL, MongoDB, and Elasticsearch, all running in AWS.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will take ownership within our codebase, writing, maintaining clean, modular code.
- You are able to take a design/proposal and carry it through to a thoughtful and polished end result with good test coverage.
- You will support our amazing Customer Success team in helping diagnose/explain user-reported bugs and fix existing bugs.
- You will review code written by other engineers and provide useful and honest feedback.
- You will help with architecting solutions to scale our proprietary data processing platform for 10x, 100x, and beyond.
- You will participate in on-call rotations and work effectively and collaboratively during site outages.
What we need from you:
- You have 5+ years of experience in the Java, C#, Ruby, or Python in a production environment.
- You have a good understanding of highly distributed processing systems.
- You are comfortable navigating through complex data structures and algorithms, and have a strong desire to produce optimal code for speed and efficiency.
- You are familiar with the basics of scalable software design and architecture
- You have excellent communication skills and the willingness to share your expertise.
- You are pragmatic and sensible in your approach to problem solving.
- You are able to think critically and gather data to constructively support your position.
- You strive to better understand your end users of the product you are making to ensure you’re creating the best possible solution
- .[Bonus] You have experience with Elasticsearch and/or other search technologies.
- [Bonus] You have experience with MongoDB and/or other NoSQL technologies.
- [Bonus] You have a solid understanding of file formats, particularly document formats, e.g. (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Acrobat, Etc…).