We’re looking for a Test Automation Engineer! If you want to help improve the reliability of Zapier for our customers, then read on…
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. We hope you’ll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
As a Test Automation Engineer at Zapier, you will help define, execute, and automate processes that improve the reliability of software delivery, to get quality software in the hands of our customers sooner. You would be an advocate for the needs of our end users and share observed behaviors with the appropriate stakeholders. You will also leverage a tester’s mindset and automation to detect regressions and other anomalous behavior.
- You have a strong understanding of backend, scripting, and some systems programming languages (e.g. Python, Bash, Go)
- You have a working knowledge of Unix and containerization tools
- You are able to approach software testing from multiple mindsets (e.g. Black Box, White Box)
- You are able to execute test plans using multiple approaches (e.g. Exploratory, Scripted, Automated)
- You’re a skilled written communicator, able to document software behavior and submit bug reports
- You have deep knowledge of version control (Git) and multiple continuous integration services
- You are friendly and patient, welcoming, considerate, and respectful. Learn more about these attributes in ourcode of conduct.
What you’ll do
Zapier is a small, fast-paced company, so you’ll get experience with a little bit of everything. That said, here are some things you’ll probably do:
- Develop and maintaina automated regression tests of the Zapier product
- Communicate the status of test development to the appropriate channels
- Communicate test findings to the appropriate channels
- Make contributions to continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Work with Product Engineering to continuously improve development tooling
- Work with Product Managers to coordinate manual testing of new features
- Work with Senior QA engineers to learn and level up their skills
- Solve hard problems primarily by getting the right context from the right people
- Qualify and quantify risk, impact, and effort of work
- Challenge the status quo and effect positive organizational change outside of mandated work
- Share the right amount of information with the right people, at the right time, and listen effectively
- Provide support to other Zapiens, spread knowledge, and develop the team outside formal reporting structures
- Support the emotional well-being of team members in difficult times, and celebrate their successes
- Invest in tools and processes that lead to outsized impact so Zapier can be more productive than a similar sized company.
- Experiment: this is a startup so everything can change!
- As a part of Zapier’s all-hands philosophy, help customers via support to ensure they have the best experience possible.
For the past seven years, Zapier has been helping people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
The Whole Package
Location: United States or Canada
- Competitive salary (we don’t use remote as an excuse to pay less)
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Retirement plan with 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We’ll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn’t a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you’ll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don’t seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We’re excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, or age. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.