Clinical Coder - Remote
Northampton MA or Remote
The Clinical Coder/Auditor will be an integral member of the coding team and is responsible for providing services to clients by reviewing OASIS, assigning accurate codes supported by documentation, as well as, Plan of Care review. This is a Full-Time position and while primarily working the week day shift, evening, weekend and/or holiday coverage may be required. This is also a remote position.
- Identify, review, interpret, code and abstract clinical information from home health OASIS and assign correct ICD-10 codes.
- Identify viable primary diagnosis and procedure as well as pertinent secondary diagnosis and procedures.
- Review, interpret and recommend Plan of Care corrections as needed.
- Must be a Registered Nurse or DPT with home health and/or hospice experience with at least one year of coding
- Active certification in ICD-10 coding (BCHH-C or HCS-D)
- OASIS and POC review experience
- Excellent communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn and efficiently navigate electronic medical records
- Current Knowledge of home care and/or hospice Conditions of Participation
- OASIS certification
WellSky provides equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category.
Applicants for U.S. based positions with WellSky must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.