Location: Remote, US
Our Python Developer will work closely with product management other engineers to architect and develop a robust, scalable, and high-performance services layer using modern software development technologies. The team member will work in an agile environment, collaborating with engineering, product management and services to design and deliver valuable plug-ins to an ever-growing app store. The team member will report in to FireEye’s FSO Content team focusing on Security Orchestration.
- Develop plug-in packages to deliver integration capabilities between products in the network security space.
- Design technical aspects of plug-ins in line with cyber security best practices and understand customer use cases.
- Develop a fully functional application or code pack that aligns with business and technical objectives
- Engage in architecture sessions, challenge existing solutions and inspire ideas for future enhancements
- Schedule code reviews and functional demos to team members as milestones are reached.
- Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint
- Work with Operations to automate build, test and deploy processes across our environments
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and redefine FireEye’s technology stack
- 3+ years of professional experience developing enterprise software
- 3+ years of strong experience with technologies such as Python
- Experience building integration to 3rd party applications or devices.
- 1+ year(s) experience creating and defining structures of large, scalable data stores using newer DB technologies such as MongoDB, Elastic Search and Cassandra
- Understanding in creating secure RESTful-based web services in JSON
- Knowledge of queuing architectures using ZeroMQ, Redis, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Deep understanding of performance best-practices using caching and compression technologies
- Experience with Agile and test-driven development, continuous integration (Jenkins/Travis/TeamCity/Hudson) and version control (Github)
- Exposure to bug tracking and task management software such as JIRA or Bugzilla
- Comfort working with remote teams
- Experience with big-data search ingestion/storage/indexing
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.