CLOUD NETWORKS DEVELOPER - REMOTE
Are you a Software Engineer who is passionate about building out next generation cloud scale networking software? Do you enjoy working on open source projects with large scale deployments? If so, the Rackspace cloud networking team is looking for you.
You’ll work closely with both internal and external teams to push the boundaries of software based networking. By providing both community and company support to deliver the best of class features from concept to production, you will increase Rackspace’s value proposition.
- Contribute to the measurement, stability and reliability of the networking stack on our public cloud.
- Develop tools to enable our support organization to effectively support the products that we create.
- Work with the team to develop new software based networking technologies and Network Function virtualization.
- Contribute back to the community by attending meetups, speaking at conferences, and sharing your ideas in blog posts
An Ideal candidate has:
- Demonstration of technical leadership at a Business Unit/Company wide level.
- Experience working with senior leadership and product management in defining product direction.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Great communication skills, empathy and patience.
- An interest in expanding technical knowledge.
- Experience in several programming languages with a high proficiency in Python and C
- Broad understanding of Cloud Computing and Infrastructure as a Service. Experience with OpenStack and the Rackspace Cloud or equivalent (AWS, Azure/Hyper-V) is hugely advantageous.
- Experience with OpenStack Neutron and its plugins like ML2 and ONV is a strong plus.
- Significant experience with XenServer a strong bonus.
- In-depth experience with OVS is a requirement. Prior in-depth experience working with SDN controllers like NSX, OVN, OpenDaylight, Ryu, OpenContrail etc required.
- Experience with configuration automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet and/or Chef or similar technologies.
- Experience with Open Source development tools and methodologies.
- Excellent knowledge of Linux/Unix Environments, Git, SQL and common CI/CID tools.
- Understanding of RESTful APIs.
- A strong grasp of networking technologies - in particular with overlay protocols like STT, VXLAN, NVGRE etc.
- Multiple years of experience building, tuning, and managing linux servers at scale.
- Experience with mentoring/leading small and large teams from a technical perspective.
This position is available to remote workers (US or UK). US developers can also choose to relocate to one of our offices in Austin TX, San Antonio TX, San Francisco CA, or Blacksburg VA; UK developers are free to relocate to our office in Hayes, West London.
Rackspace is modernizing IT in today’s multi-cloud world. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. We serve over 50% of the Fortune 100 companies & customers in 120 countries around the globe. Our achievements are powered by our people we call them Rackers. We grow & thrive through world-class development opportunities, learning & selling bleeding-edge technologies & solutions, and most importantly, connecting with each other (the best & brightest in the industry). Are you a Racker? Join us!
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.