At PagerDuty, we believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Community, Growth, Passion, Team and Trust - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture. Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our monthly Hackdays, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
PagerDuty is the leading digital operations management platform for organizations. Over 10,000 enterprises and small to mid-size organizations globally trust PagerDuty to improve digital operations, drive revenue, mitigate threats, protect assets, and delight customers. We were included in the 2018 Deloitte Technology Fast 500 for the third year in a row, Inc. 500 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists as well as the 2018 Best Places to Work in the Bay Area.
As our Developer Advocate, you are responsible for creating and curating highly engaging and effective developer experiences and relationships. As a member of the Community team, you help developers, customers and partners make contributions that build on top of and extend PagerDuty’s platform. You will use your experience in software engineering to encourage and assist other developers to actively participate in the PagerDuty ecosystem and use your creativity in advocating for growth.
- Work with customers and partners to help developers build apps, integrations, and extensions on top of the PagerDuty platform.
- Create and manage relationships with software developers who are interested in using and extending PagerDuty APIs.
- Build sample apps, extensions, and integrations on top of the PagerDuty APIs.
- Curate (and possibly create) APIs/clients that support popular programming languages (Java, Go, Python, Node, C#, etc)
- Define open source practices for PagerDuty, including creating standards around open source project maintainership
- Host and run events (hackathons, workshops, etc) to encourage developers to build on top of PagerDuty’s APIs. Represent PagerDuty at developer conferences by presenting relevant technical talks
- Create PagerDuty’s developer portal, help manage documentation of the PagerDuty API and represent community developer interests back to Product and Engineering teams
- Create and deliver content about topics relevant to the PagerDuty developer audience that drive community engagement
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- A passion for building and participating in communities devoted to developing groundbreaking technologies
- Active participation in existing open source or other technical communities
- Strong experience working with RESTful APIs
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving and often ambiguous environment
- Ability to travel (up to 25%)
- 3+ years experience in software development or working closely with developer audiences (i.e., as a software architect or cloud solution architect)
- Significant coding experience in 1-2 languages, high level of comfort writing code that leverages APIs
- Prior track-record of presenting either written or speaking content to developer audiences (blog posts, conference talks, webinars, etc)
- 2+ years experience in a developer advocate or customer-facing engineering role
- Contributor or maintainer to open source projects
- Experience managing a production application stack and being on-call
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family, cell phone allowance and more
- Generous parental leave
- Monthly company wide hack days
- Paid employee Volunteer Time - 20 hours per year
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email email@example.com and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Our stewardship of the data of many thousands of customers means that a background check is required to join PagerDuty. We will, nonetheless, consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with local requirements.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.
To all recruitment agencies: PagerDuty does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, PagerDuty employees or any other company location. PagerDuty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.