Manager, Marketing Content
Job Locations: US-Remote
Job ID: 2019-26397
Category: Marketing, Customer Support and Business Development
The Manager, Marketing Content will drive scientific thought leadership and play a lead role in envisioning, creating, and implementing a content strategy that elevates the JAX brand globally, communicates JAX Mice Clinical & Research Services (JMCRS’) position in the global biomedical market, and supports the mission. Essential to this role is the responsibility for the development, implementation and management of assets that support various programs such as demand generation, public relations, sales enablement, customer acquisition, customer retention, and product evangelism. This person collaborates with internal teams and external resources to develop compelling content across multiple platforms, as well as champions content that is desirable, discoverable, and sharable. The Manager, Marketing Content must be cognizant of cultural differences and the impact of the differences on our content strategy. The incumbent will oversee and manage the print and advertising budget.
The Manager, Marketing Content reports to the Senior Marketing Manager and will manage the Technical Content Marketing Specialist. Taking direction and guidance from the Manager, Marketing Content, the Technical Content Marketing Specialist is responsible for drafting scientific content for items including but not limited to the web, blog, email and print materials.
The Manager, Marketing Content will collaborate and stay closely aligned with Technicial Information Scientists (TIS), Strategic Communications, Education and representatives in China and APAC regions. This role requires a strong, demonstrated ability to write and edit incredibly well, as well as a background in life sciences or strategic content marketing. The successful candidate must have experience interacting with various levels of management and staff with the ability to motivate and manage up and down the organizational chart.
- Maintain consistent editorial oversight over all JMCRS content. Gain a deep understanding of the JAX customer personas and segments and be able tailor messages appropriately.
- Focus on developing content related to our products, services, and develop value propositions in a variety of formats including but not limited to white papers, eBooks, video scripts, brochures, blogs, website copy, and email campaigns.
- Work with the marketing team and market research team to effectively use analytics to measure and refine existing and new content (copy, calls to action, product features, content tagging) to increase site traffic, lead capture, conversions, etc. Analyze performance of published content and make recommendations to stakeholders for new product and service content with the best potential to achieve business objectives.
- Working closely with the internal stakeholders, the Marketing Content Manager will help plan and provide support for inbound and outbound projects including product launches, trade shows, webinars, and other global initiatives.
- Create content in conjunction with Opportunity Development Team and Product Manager teams for use in sales and prospect pitches, presentations, and customer-facing hand-outs.
- Bachelors degree in marketing, communications, life sciences or a related field is required.
- 3+ years of direct experience in a content development role with demonstrated ability to write for a technical audience at a professional level required.
- Content management experience in a science-oriented environment is also strongly preferred.
- Must be able to think strategically, tactically and creatively and adapt to new situations. The incumbent should possess strong analytical skills, strong program/project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and to work well in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- Proven capability to generate and /or edit customer facing marketing content that leverages scientific information, benefit and value messaging to deliver compelling messages that educate while they also motivate.
- A great communicator, written and verbal, able to work effectively across functional groups to set and meet aggressive schedules.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to effectively manage projects in a matrix environment. This means motivating and managing both up and down the org chart. Holding stakeholders accountable for deadlines and deliverables while maintaining a positive team focused work environment.
- Experience, familiarity or ability to learn web design and graphics software such as, Photoshop, SFDC (CRM), Marketo (Marketing Automation) and the ability to learn new applications quickly.
- Role has the opportunity to be remote.
Please attach a cover letter of interest and your resume!