At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do exceptional things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
We are seeking a Cloud Engineer to join the Elastic Cloud team and help us make an immediate impact to our strategy and implementation of our Elastic Cloud and Elastic Cloud Enterprise products. You will make it easy for customers to use our products when deploying the Elastic Stack, either on our hosted service or on an infrastructure of their own choosing. You can grasp the opportunity to help lead our Cloud efforts.
Our cloud product allows users to create new clusters or expand existing ones easily This product would be built on technologies such as OpenStack, AWS, Docker, and others to enable the Operations Teams to easily create and handle multiple Elastic Clusters. Does this sound like you?
What you will be doing:
- Develop software for our distributed systems and ES as a Service offerings.
- Have familiarity with failures and complications related to a cloud offering.
- Debugging meaningful technical issues inside a very deep and complex technical stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
- Assist in updating and maintaining a scalable cloud offering working across multiple clusters
- Collaborate with Elastic’s engineering teams like Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash and Beats) to enable them to run on Cloud infrastructure
What You Bring Along:
- CS or MS Degree in Computer Science
- 5+ years of object-oriented development with at least Scala or Java
- Familiarity with systems like ZooKeeper, etcd, Consul etc is a huge plus
- Experience or familiarity with Docker, OpenStack, or AWS
- Extensive experience crafting solutions for the server side of scalable cloud software applications and platforms
- Shown ability to architect a highly distributed cloud system
- Experience or ability to respond to operational issues
- A self starter who with experience with multi-functional technical teams and decision makers.
- You care deeply about resiliency and quality of the features you ship
- You love working with a worldwide team in a distributed work environment
- Competitive pay and stock options
- Catered lunches, snacks, and beverages in most offices
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Passionate people building excellent products
- Employees with a wide variety of interests
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.