Doximity is transforming the healthcare industry. Our mission is to help doctors be more productive, informed, and connected. As a software engineer, you’ll work within cross-functional delivery teams alongside other engineers, designers, and product managers in building software to help improve healthcare.
Our team brings a diverse set of technical and cultural backgrounds and we like to think pragmatically in choosing the tools most appropriate for the job at hand.
This position is for an experienced software engineer, with a passion for writing tests, to join our 5 person Test Automation team. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record of implementing and maintaining CI and test automation frameworks for iOS and Android apps.
Here are some of the ways we bring value to doctors:
- Our native mobile applications are built using Swift (iOS) and Kotlin (Android).
- Our data engineering stack runs on Python, MySQL, Spark, and Airflow
- Our production application stack is hosted on AWS and we deploy to production on average 50 times per day
- We have over 350 private repositories in Github containing our applications, forks of gems, our own internal gems, and open-source projects
- We have worked as a distributed team for a long time; we’re currently about 65% distributed
- Find out more information on the Doximity engineering blog
- Our company core values
- Our recruiting process
- Our product development cycle
- Our on-boarding & mentorship process
Here’s How You Will Make an Impact
- Maintain and improve CI pipelines for iOS and Android applications.
- Identify and fill existing automation coverage gaps in collaboration with mobile developers.
- Deploy and maintain CI servers within CircleCI.
- Write documentation and guides, be an advocate and mentor to the Mobile team with regards to Test Automation.
- Minimum four years of professional experience developing test automation and CI/CD pipelines for iOS and/or Android apps.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests in Swift (Quick/Nimble, XCTest UI Automation) and/or Java/Kotlin (jUnit, Espresso).
- Considerable experience with iOS or Android build tools (xcodebuild, gradle, fastlane). You must feel at home using these native mobile build tools from the CLI.
- Able to troubleshoot and optimize test failures and build consistency issues (eg. flickering test scenarios, order-dependent test failures).
- Able to investigate intermittent CI server failures due to infrastructure shortcomings (eg. low memory, low disk space).
- Able to communicate effectively and teach engineers best practices for test writing.
- Able to effectively manage time; balance failure investigation with completing sprint tasks.
- CircleCI, Docker, Firebase TestLab, and Fastlane experience is a plus.
- Work remotely provided you have 5 hours of overlap with the team in the U.S. Our core hours are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM PST.
Doximity has industry leading benefits. For an updated list, see our career page
More info on Doximity
We’re thrilled to be named the Fastest Growing Company in the Bay Area, and one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies. Joining Doximity means being part of an incredibly talented and humble team. We work on amazing products that over 70% of US doctors (and over one million healthcare professionals) use to make their busy lives a little easier. We’re driven by the goal of improving inefficiencies in our $3.5 trillion U.S. healthcare system and love creating technology that has a real, meaningful impact on people’s lives. To learn more about our team, culture, and users, check out our careers page, company blog, and engineering blog. We’re growing steadily, and there’s plenty of opportunities for you to make an impact.
Doximity is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.