At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the globe do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Founded in 2012 by the people behind the Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats open source projects, we believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 30+ countries into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
As a product designer on the Swiftype team, you’ll be involved in many aspects of the product development process, from concept to prototyping to marketing. We are looking for a self-motivated and inventive individual with strong product, interaction, and visual design skills.
What you’ll be doing:
- You will provide product designs, prototypes, and UX flows.
- You will collaborate with engineers to ensure high-quality implementation and user experience.
- You will build and curate our design system in both Sketch/Figma and code.
- You will create iconography and illustration as needed in your designs.
What you bring along:
- 5+ years of design experience working on sophisticated, complex web applications or SaaS products.
- A portfolio of products and experiences that you’ve helped launch into the real world.
- Experience with modern design tools, like Figma and Sketch.
- Ability to think about and design at both a systems-level and feature-level.
- A passion for designing end-to-end user experiences.
- Ability to clearly articulate design decisions and understand trade-offs.
- Skills to lead your projects and coordinate with the rest of the team.
- The ability to build what you design in HTML, JS and CSS (we use Sass).
- Experience leading user research and testing.
- Experience working with and developing design systems.
- Familiarity with JS frameworks like React or Angular.
- A love for animation. Familiarity with tools like Principle, Framer or CSS animations is a big advantage.
- Experience building accessible designs.
We’re looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.