Software Engineer or Senior Software Engineer
The Software Engineer’s or Senior Software Engineer’s primary responsibility is to help design and build products that are pivotal to healthfinch’s success in the healthcare automation market. The domain is complex, industry and/or integration knowledge is a plus. An aptitude and willingness to learn is a must-have. We pair-program, mix teams, and are a remote-first company.
You will be working among other highly skilled, kind, and precise communicators. Your problem solving ability is the skill you are most proud of, and it will likely be exercised in clojure. Occasionally, you will also be working in ruby, AWS infrastructure, postgres, sqlite, dynamo, a variety of testing frameworks, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate difficult technical concepts
- Competent with source control, an editor, and other tools, as well as common testing methodologies
- Writes correct and clean code, skilled at giving/receiving PR feedback
- Develop software to meet requirements
- Communicate with partners so that product planning can be informed by knowledge of technical possibilities, limitations, and tradeoffs
- Work both independently and in pairs (remotely) with other engineers
- Make and follow through on architectural and design decisions (during new development and when updating or refactoring existing systems)
- Be able to explain and promote decisions among other engineers
- Write quality documentation for users and other engineers
- Broad knowledge of core CS concepts
- Software Engineer: Internship or other paid working experience, ideally with mentorship
- Senior Software Engineer: Experience delivering non-trivial software systems or features, preferably from inception to sunset
- Must be located in the United States
Travel: 5% - twice a year for team meetings.
We welcome people of different levels of experience and backgrounds. We know that people can come by the skills and talents we’re looking for in many different ways, so if you’re interested, let’s talk! We’d like to hear your story. healthfinch is also committed to creating spectacular culture, along with phenomenal benefits. All full time employees are entitled to paid maternity/paternity leave, unlimited vacation and the ability to work anywhere in the United States.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.