Third Light is seeking a talented front end developer to build our UIs that let companies manage their digital media files more easily.
You may work remotely as your full time arrangement, joining a team that already includes remote workers.
We need someone with the enthusiasm and talent for creating solid, reliable, highly-polished UIs as we pride ourselves on the quality of our highly-interactive UI with its sharp, modern aesthetic.
You will inherit a well-architected, clean and robust codebase built with TypeScript, AngularJS and SCSS/Sass with a bright, modern interface that looks, behaves and feels like an app rather than a website.
We employ an iterative, design-led process where everyone gets a say. We’re agile and manage our work using a gentle scrum process and encourage a lightweight, productive approach to development.
Now is a great time to join us with lots of new code to write and the prospect of moving towards technical leadership; your opinion and expertise will be valued from day one.
Upcoming projects include
Moving from AngularJS to Angular | scriptable automation & workflow system | approvals system & tools | annotation tools | a chat system | smart cropping | desktop syncing apps | a video clip editing tool | object, face and place tagging interfaces | mapping/geolocation interfaces | improvements to our design process workflows | < your idea here! >
We’re looking for
- Strong competency with AngularJS and Angular
- Broad understanding of unit, service and integration testing, especially of Angular apps
- Enthusiasm for creating UI’s and a clear understanding of what makes an interface easy to use
Our technology stack - we’ll welcome your influence
Salary and benefits
- £50,000 - £60,000+ negotiable - we’re keeping an open mind
- Contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday | flexible hours | office based or home working | bicycle and free car parking (car sharing is encouraged) | good coffee (and tea) | choice of high end workstation | an adorable Beagle to brighten the office
If you wish to work remotely: to help you get up to speed, you’ll work at our office for the first few weeks then return to the office for two or three weeks each year for knowledge sharing. Most other meetings can be done via video chat though we may occasionally require attendance in person, with prior arrangement. We’ll cover reasonable travel expenses and accommodation costs. We’ll also cover reasonable costs incurred from running your home office.