Director of DevOps
Location: United States
Team: Implementation & Support
Job ID: 16305
Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a highly experienced Director of DevOps, reporting to the CIO who will be responsible for leading the delivery of cloud-based software platforms, services and solutions to internal and external customers of Jack Henry. Candidates in this role will be leading engineering efforts and advanced operational support in the areas of delivery of cloud-based solutions, customer support, process improvement, and product enhancements. As our DevOps leader, you will be focused on unifying JHA’s development and operations teams, prioritizing collaboration with cross-functional teams for the purposes of increasing employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and profitability. The DevOps leader will leverage innovation and evangelize the concept of continuous process improvement to deliver shorter development cycles, elevate the frequency plus further normalize our product enhancements/releases, and improve support enabling predictability.
About this Team
Enterprise Application Services provides relationship management with all business units, development of internal applications both marketed and non-marketed, integration management, hosted services support and data management. This team develops, execute strategy for technology delivery and operations. The team places heavy focus on building processes with tools designed to drive automation and innovation across JHA. The tools intend to improve efficiency, streamline integration testing and infrastructure deployment, reduce time-to-market, integrate security and compliance posture into an enterprise level continuous pipeline, accurate capacity and demand forecasting, rapid issue response, end-to-end monitoring and alerting, increase associate skillsets with advanced career track/satisfaction.
This position can be worked out of the following Jack Henry offices; Allen, TX, Springfield, MO, Lenexa, KS or be 100% REMOTE from any US location.
- Must have a minimum 12 years of experience within an IT and/or Cloud operations technology organization.
- Must have a minimum 10 years of experience in delivery of cloud-based solutions.
- Must have a minimum 5 years of leadership or management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree Highly Preferred
- Proven experience with various cloud delivery models (Hybrid, Public Cloud).
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, MapR, etc. a big plus.
- Experience with Agile development, techniques and methodologies associated with the delivery of cloud environments.
- Working knowledge of several configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Terraform, etc.)
- Working knowledge of several monitoring tools and frameworks (Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Zabbix, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience in driving process improvements with a strong focus on leveraging technology for the establishment of fluid interactions between teams.
- Solid understanding of network switching, routing and client-server architecture.
- Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating a product technology vision and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- Establishes a continuous service delivery culture for JHA business units, building best-in-class service engineering capabilities within the DevOps team.
- Delivers high performance, and scalable on-premise and cloud services optimized for cost efficiencies.
- Drives hybrid solution architecture, strengthening JHA’s capabilities and services in the orchestration, automation and targeted service layers.
- Directs the design and development of modifications to current systems and/or the creation of new systems to meet business partner needs in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Experience supporting container-based orchestration and deployment systems such as Docker or Kubernetes.
- Maintains a high level of service availability. Performs quality review, manages operations and drives incident resolution with a sense of urgency.
- Establishes a culture of high performance, transparency, and continuous improvement as it relates to production support and the delivery of JHA services, streamlining the development pipeline to gain speed and agility.
- Track record of delivering automated solutions on AWS and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Proficiency in developing automation tools and frameworks with hands-on technical skills.
- Manages Service Delivery metrics and provides appropriate reporting to executive management.
- Forecasts impact of system and departmental activity as accurately as possible to increase client and customer satisfaction.
- Manages technical product support activities and facilitates resolution of technical problems.
- Manages the maintenance and support of existing systems to ensure operational stability of applications and environments.
- Maintains a comprehensive client communications program.
- Represents the customer and operations in the requirements definition process for system changes; Acts as the go-to person and final approver for system changes. Provides valuable input to the installation process.
- Creates and maintains a healthy and productive environment for managers, supervisors and employees, ensuring fair, consistent, and equitable treatment in a safe working environment.
- Ensures all employees are adequately trained and ready to support all new or enhanced products and services.
- Models attributes such as valuing diversity, communicating openly, demonstrating integrity and leading change management.
- Monitors department performance and makes necessary adjustments to processes, scheduling, staffing levels, organization structure, etc. to ensure that department objectives are met. Re-engineers workflows so that payments are processed as quickly and inexpensively as possible while optimizing the subscriber experience.
- Leads the team and ensures the development and retention of high-quality talent through active participation in recruiting, coaching, performance management and reward/recognition processes/ initiatives.
- Maintains a comprehensive succession planning profile for each associate.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.