Software Engineer - Product Engineering
at Reaction Commerce
Remote, Americas or European time zones
Reaction Commerce is the fastest-growing open source commerce management platform used by modern retailers and our vision is to connect the world through open commerce.
As our platform grows, so must our team. We’re currently looking for a Software Engineer with experience shipping production software to join us.
We’re a distributed, diverse, and growing team currently spread across four continents. While we have a small office in Santa Monica, CA, all of our positions are remote roles. Everyone is welcome to visit and work from our office, but it’s not required. Although we are remote first, we appreciate quality time with our co-workers, so we meet in person once a year for our annual All Hands.
About this Role:
You’ll remotely work with a team of engineers within our distributed engineering team to:
- Build intuitive UIs for retailers and merchandisers
- Define patterns for extending or augmenting storefront and operator UIs
- Engineer methods for securing core and custom GraphQL APIs
- Increase accessibility of all our applications
- Improve tooling for building and shipping new UI components, storefronts, and operator tools
- Improve performance, reduce page weight/cost, and decrease load times for our storefront and operator UIs
- You have developed and supported software systems in a production environment.
- You see the value in reviewing and documenting code, pair programming and get excited about improving tools and processes.
- You love being a mentor and compassionately teach patterns and best practices to engineers on your team.
- You actively seek and appreciate the input of peers, designers, infrastructure engineers, and product owners.
- You’re comfortable working remotely and believe in the value of distributed teams.
- You believe in building an inclusive community with and for your co-workers.
About Our Stack:
- React and Apollo GraphQL on the client
- Node with some services in Clojure on the server
- GraphQL API
- MongoDB for most application data.
- Apache Kafka for modeling both streams and tables.
- Docker and Kubernetes on Amazon Web Services
More about Reaction:
We offer 100% coverage for medical, dental, and vision insurance, and up to 50% coverage for dependents. In addition, we offer a 401K, and U.S. employees benefit from 12 weeks of parental leave. We aim to offer the same benefits to everyone across the globe, but some of these may vary based on location and local laws. All remote employees are offered a budget for an ergonomic chair and standing desk at home.
We discourage our team members from working unreasonable hours, beyond the typical 40 hours per week. And it’s important that we take time off and recharge when necessary, that’s why we have a minimum vacation policy that encourages us to take a minimum of 15 vacation days per year. We also value continuous improvement with a monthly learning stipend, so there are plenty of opportunities to learn new subjects or hone existing skills.