Title: Cloud - Test Automation Engineer
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to solve the world’s data problems with products that delight and inspire. As the company behind the popular open source projects Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats we help people around the world do great things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what’s possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. We unite Elasticians across 34 countries (and counting!), 18 timezones and 30 different languages into one coherent team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our talented QA area team in Cloud Engineering. Our approach to QA is based on test automation, scalable frameworks, and tight collaboration with our core engineer teams. We work together with the Product Development and Operational teams to release quality software reliably and continuously on our Cloud platform.
What You Will Do:
- Participate in all aspects of QA product lifecycle: Scoping, test case creation and maintenance, feature, regression, integration /end-to-end test execution and automation
- Work on frameworks that enables engineers across the board to contribute tests easily
- Collaborate with the SRE team to investigate production issues and improve any testing gaps that result from investigations
- Construct test cases for the defined test plan; modify the existing test cases as the test requirements change
- Grow and share your interest in technical outreach (blog posts, tech papers, conference speaking , etc.)
What You Bring Along:
- You have a software engineering background with a deep understanding of testing methodologies
- You are passionate about developing test software and frameworks in Java, Scala or related languages
- You care deeply about resiliency and quality of the features your team ships
- Experience automating tests across multiple OS platforms and on server side infrastructure
- Experience with CI systems like Jenkins
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Good working knowledge of Linux is required
- Ability to work independently and lead the QA activities for the projects assigned
- Experience deploying AWS resources for test environments
- Experience with Docker
- Experience testing distributed systems at scale
- Working knowledge of HTTP/S
We’re looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of paid parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.