Penetration Tester and Vulnerability Specialist
Job Locations: US-Remote | US-NY-Albany | US-DC-Washington, D.C.
Category: Cybersecurity Operations
Type: Regular Full-Time
The Senior VMP Specialist will develop and manage web application and networking profiling tools and coordinate and perform vulnerability assessments, phishing assessments and penetration tests for State, Local, Tribal and Territorial (SLTT) governments, as well as private entities.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and manage web profiling and vulnerability tools and automate tasks
- Schedule network and web application vulnerability scans, interpret results and communicate findings effectively
- Perform network, wireless and web application internal and external penetration testing using both automated and manual testing techniques
- Create and launch phishing campaigns
- Prepare detailed reports for the deliverables of the pentest, vulnerability assessment and phishing engagement services
- Research security testing tools, techniques and processes
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as a Penetration Tester, Network Vulnerability Technician or Security/Network Administrator, or equivalent knowledge
- Working knowledge of the OWASP and SANS testing methodologies and related offensive toolkits and tools such as Nessus, Burp suite, Qualys, nmap, Metasploit, etc.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP protocols, network services and network/security applications
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Python, bash, Ruby, PHP, etc
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
It’s a Plus if You Have:
- Certifications in related areas (e.g. SANS GPEN/GWAPT/GXPN, OSCP, CEH)