ConvertKit is on a mission to help creators earn $1B using our SaaS email marketing platform. We are 100% independent, 100% remote and are growing rapidly. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented infrastructure engineer to join our growing ops team.
Our infrastructure is very busy, processing millions of Sidekiq jobs a day, serving landing pages and forms for tens of thousands of creators, and delivering over 500 million emails per month. This role requires architecting fully automated cloud infrastructure while accelerating engineering productivity. We ship multiple times per day and continuously aim to improve deployment confidence and speed. Come join us to make our systems even more testable, scalable, secure and dependable!
Why ConvertKit is interesting:
- We’re self-funded, bootstrapped and profitable. We make our numbers public. Reached #72 on the Inc 5000 fastest growing companies list. We’re growing like crazy, which is the main reason we need this role!
- We are a 100% remote team with the goal of having 50 teammates or less.
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- We put a high emphasis on work / life balance, and we value and strive for 40 hour work weeks. There aren’t set hours, but there’s a lot to get done!
- Continue to push ConvertKit to have best-in-class production infrastructure
- Work closely with the developers to ensure code shipped will be performant in production
- Enhance our existing monitoring and alerting to only alarm on actionable events
- Plan and manage infrastructure costs with an emphasis on value
- Help research, prototype, and recommend infrastructure solutions for production level bottlenecks
- Triage production level issues along with the on-call engineer
- Expert experience in AWS, particularly EC2, RDS, VPC, IAM, CloudWatch, S3, Cloudfront and SSM
- Deep experience administering, maintaining, and architecting large MySQL databases
- Expert in delivering infrastructure as code. We use Terraform, Ansible and Packer extensively.
- Deep experience with administrating Unix/Linux systems
- Experience managing Redis infrastructure (Sentinel and Redis servers)
- Experience scaling Ruby-based applications or services, particularly Ruby on Rails
- Excellent knowledge of the infra/ops field, the tech and tools, and associated best practices
- Strong experience with host, network and cloud security
- Well-developed “6th sense” for what may be happening to cause a busy system to become non-performant
- Prior experience working with busy systems at scale
- Autonomous, self-driven and remote-disciplined
- 3 weeks paid vacation, 7 paid holidays, and 1 week of paid sick leave / year, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid maternity / 4 weeks paid paternity leave
- $2500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit
- $1,000 yearly “paid paid vacation” bonus
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits