We’re looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our back-end development team. This team develops all the internal platforms and APIs which support our other development team and the wider business.
You can expect to work on a wide variety of projects, ranging from financial payment and reporting systems, to optical character recognition and logistics solutions. Given the nature of these systems we have a focus on quality, which drives our culture of high quality, automated testing, continuous delivery, and high availability.
The essentials you should have experience with include:
- PHP (inc. PHP 7.0+)
- Object-oriented design principles
- Unit testing in PHP
- Linux (Debian)
- Modern PHP frameworks, and the PHP FIG
- Vagrant or Docker
- Web application design/architecture patterns
Any experience with the below would be advantageous, but not essential:
- Queues and worker processes in PHP
- Web application security
- IaaS (AWS or Rackspace)
- Continuous delivery
- Docker orchestration tools (eg. Kubernetes, Mesos)