TaxJar is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 10,000 businesses. Our mission is to make ecommerce easier for everyone.
Our core values:
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We’re a team, built on trust.
- We’re proud to be remote.
- We’re in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of almost 50 people is growing fast. We’re currently looking for a Plus Customer Experience Specialist who wants to make a difference on a growing, experienced team of entrepreneurs.
TaxJar offers a mid-market/enterprise version of our offering that we call TaxJar Plus. It’s the same, great solution we provide to more than 10,000 customers but with additional features and white-glove support that larger merchants need.
We are looking for a someone who is fanatical about helping businesses succeed while working across other functions of the organization to ensure an exceptional customer experience from on-boarding through sales tax filing. Ensuring the happiness of our customers is everything to us.
The right candidate will be someone who enjoys speaking with people, has great organizational and communication skills, and is a team player who can work well across marketing, development, sales, filing and customer success.
This is a full-time remote position based in the US only.
As a Plus Customer Experience Specialist you will
- Coordinate on-boarding logistics and go-lives. Guide each Plus customer through a personalized on-boarding lifecycle, using the broader TaxJar team as needed, ensure smooth transition from sales
- Enjoys spending time on calls, listening and talking to customers
- Provide answers to basic sales tax consulting questions via phone and email (don’t worry, we’ll train you to be a sales tax pro)
- Manage customer inquiries against the TaxJar Plus SLA
- Help customers get set up with TaxJar Plus, learn how to use their accounts and enroll in AutoFile
- Spend time getting to know the customer’s profile and adequately preparing prior to each engagement, be proactive
- Track all Plus customer requests and trending issues, maintain notes for each customer proactive / future communications that will be valuable to their business needs, be thoughtful about what is most important to each individual Plus customer and how we can best support them
- Track feedback from customer interactions to contribute to improved on-boarding experiences and product roadmap
- Be knowledgable about the near term product roadmap and able to speak to it, establish a trusted partnership with the customer
- Committed to success from the customer’s point of view
- Enthusiastic about teaching
- Extremely patient…sales tax can be painful and our goal is to ease that pain 🙂
- Rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Highly-skilled in written and verbal communications
- Thoughtful around what we can commit to Plus customers so that we can deliver a great Plus experience
- Able to explain complex concepts in easy to understand language
- Interested in understanding the ins-and-outs of sales tax
- Attentive to details, both in communication and in explaining how TaxJar works
- Interested or have prior experience in eCommerce
- Comfortable working with technology and providing technical support
- Excellent at communicating with the team remotely (chat, video, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit for TaxJar if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team and we all really love what we do. We’ve created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We’re profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We’re always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy (we’ll actually pay you $500 a year to take time off!)
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Brand new Macbook computer
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you’re not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we’ll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.