Part-Time Technical Support Specialist - Afternoon/Evening - REMOTE
What We’re Looking For
Hours: 15-20 hours per week, up to 25 . Availability on weekdays and weekends is essential, (specifically 2:00pm - 9:00pm EST) This position usually requires a 3-5 day schedule per week. Shifts may vary between 3-6 hours. Internet Requirements: Minimum upload speed of > 5 Mbps and download speed >10 Mbps with a ping less than 100 ms.
The Part-Time Technical Support Specialist is responsible for supporting, and ensuring a positive user experience in 2U programs by providing proactive, comprehensive and exceptional customer service.
This position is the critical first line of defense in executing 2U’s expected white glove service level for its students, graduates and faculty. The Technical Support Specialist takes incoming calls from enrolled students and faculty who need technical assistance. They will also actively monitor and support live classroom sessions, assist with new hire training/onboarding, and resolve/escalate all incoming cases. The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for the following tasks, but not limited to:
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To
- Participate in root cause analysis and communicate findings to customers
- Assists in monitoring class times as well as providing follow-up with professors.
- Corresponds with company departments and internal cross-functional teams to promptly resolve student and faculty issues.
- Master Adobe Connect and Learning Management System in order to proficiently provide technical assistance to faculty/students and troubleshoot with competence.
- Research and analyze web based technologies and services to keep current with emerging technologies.
- Troubleshooting technical issues and coordinating solutions with 2U’s technical team.
- Understand Student/Faculty Support processes in order to communicate and improve processes.
- Ability to train and coordinate new hire onboarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
Things That Should Be in Your Background
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2-3 years experience working in a service-oriented, customer support, technical support or related field.
- Organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail. Able to work quickly and accurately.
- Familiarity with Apple and Microsoft Operating Systems
- Able to multi-task and see assignments through to completion.
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours to support students at peak times.
- Identify service improvement opportunities and automation proposals to improve service quality.
Other Attributes That Will Help You in This Role
- Excellent verbal skills with the ability to communicate in a courteous, tactful, collegial and concise manner
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Ability to work with a core team in a fast-paced environment
- Enthusiasm and the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to work and contribute in a team environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business.
- Excellent time management skills required