Web Design Tutor
- Online - Remote
- Independence University
- Part time
The Center for Excellence in Higher Education (CEHE) is a 501©(3) non-profit corporation headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. CEHE operates degree-granting career colleges throughout the western United States and online. The college brands include Stevens-Henager Colleges in Utah and Idaho; CollegeAmerica in Colorado, Arizona, and Wyoming; California College San Diego, and Independence University (online platform). All of the colleges are accredited by ACCSC, a national accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The colleges offer degree programs from the Associate’s level through the Master’s level in a variety of disciplines including Computer Science, Graphic Arts, Business/Accounting, Medical Specialties, Nursing, and Healthcare. CEHE is an at-will employer.
- Be positive and support students in helping the Instructor/professor in carrying out their lesson plans
- Familiarize yourself with different teaching techniques and learning styles, so that you may appropriately choose methods right for your student
- Familiarize yourself with your student’s learning materials, and if necessary, work with the instructor
- Be prepared. Come with what you need: pens, pencils, paper, dictionary, thesaurus, grammar handbook, etc.
- Be familiar with the source texts they are reading
- Update the professors/instructors of assigned students on a regular basis to discuss the progress of these students and to request guidance on how to help them better
- Keep accurate records of all hours spent tutoring
- Keep accurate records of the student’s pre and post evaluations
- Keep accurate records of students tutored and who did not show up for their tutoring sessions
- Keep accurate records of students called and the discussions held in relation to their class work
- Maintain all confidentiality and follow all codes and standards of ethics that apply
- Be respectful of the effort and be trustworthy
- Be encouraging and generous in praise.
- Work at the student’s level and with an agenda that serves their needs.
- Be proactive. Offer help; do not always wait for the student to ask
- Stay in contact with students and instructor so all are on the same page with regard to assignments, etc.
- Must themselves maintain academic performance as a student (above a 3.5 GPA).
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds.
- Successfully completed the coursework for which they will be tutoring.
- Ability to communicate field-related knowledge to others.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and email plus the ability to use online student database.
Measures of Merit:
- TBD by supervisor within 90 days of hire.