Software Engineer / Data Modeler
Job #: R-00000118
Location: WASHINGTON, DC
Category: Software Engineering
Schedule (FT/PT): Full time
Travel Required: No
Potential for Telework: Yes
Clearance Required: Public Trust
Referral Eligibility: Yes
The primary scope of this role is to support commercial business process management products and support the reference architecture for business process management products.
You will serve as the business modeler/data analyst for data projects and initiatives, creating conceptual and logical business models used to generate physical data models and database schema.
Note: This is a Virtual position. Selected candidate can live anywhere in the United States.
Other duties include:
- Configure Red Hat Linux environment and setup/use Git.
- Analyze data from a variety of structured and unstructured data sources.
- Assist other team members with implementing requirements.
- Use Application Servers, latest versions of Linux Server, and Virtualization Technologies to deploy solutions.
- Collaborate with various IT Team members and participate on related projects and programs for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
- Use your good communications skills to work directly with government customers and other contractors.
- Identify and document current and future state of systems and architectures
- Research, promote, develop, and implement best practices
- Research, promote and develop data architecture best practices
Typical education and experience
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- Interfacing with a customer to understand and implement requirements
- Interfacing with multiple data sources, Relational (RDBMS) and Non-Relational (NOSQL)
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Experience in troubleshooting and debugging systems, documenting events, and finding solutions for issues found
- Knowledge of Data Virtualization Technologies (e.g. Denodo, Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization)
- Knowledge of modern web services standards and protocols such as WS Security, WS Trust, SAML, and OAUTH
- Knowledge and experience with JEE Platforms
- Knowledge and experience in JPA - Hibernate, Spring JPA
- Experience with SOAP and REST web services
- Experience with BPMN and BPEL
- Experience with JMS
- Experience with Camel Integration Patterns
- Experience working in an environment using DevOps, Agile, Scrum, and similar methodologies and frameworks
- Experience with Ansible scripts
- Able to create easy-to-follow IT documentation for installation and configuration of applications, roadmaps, instructions, root cause analysis, change records, etc.
- Must have good communication, interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Must be able to explain technical details and issues clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences and be able to clearly and concisely explain system concepts and problems
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with 4-Tier Architecture (Dev, SIT, UAT, Prod)
- Knowledge of TDD
- SoapUI / Hermes mock service and JMS testing
- Issue management in complex systems qualifications
- Reporting and documenting system issues as they are discovered
- Troubleshooting and debugging issues and documenting solutions
- Must have the ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must be able to work, unsupervised
- Experience with Red Hat BPM Suite 6 or jBPM 6
- Experience with Drools 6
- Experience with Wildfly or Red Hat Enterprise Application Platform 6 / 7
- Experience securing web services for a large organization or federal government customer.
- Experience with Platform and frameworks such as JBOSS FUSE, Denodo Data Virtualization, CA Technologies API Gateways
- Experience with Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure cloud services
- Experience with Microsoft .NET Technologies
- Knowledge of Denodo VQL
Leidos is a Fortune 500 information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended December 29, 2017. (NYSE: LDOS) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.