Car Next Door is the fastest-growing car sharing network in Australia. We’re on a mission to fundamentally change the way people think about transport and to free the planet from the ‘one person, one car’ mentality. Since 2012, we have successfully grown to having around 1,600 cars on our platform and have had over 170,000 bookings.
About the role
We’re looking to attract an enthusiastic and driven individual to join our high performing Member Experience Department within the Damage Team as a Damage Specialist. This is an opportunity to join a progressive startup with an already proven concept. The position will suit an empathetic and perceptive person who is looking to join a committed and successful team. Sometimes our members are involved in accidents or cause a bit of damage and we are there to help make a tricky situation as easy as possible. Your role will be to guide them through the damage process and providing top-notch customer service along the way.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering an exceptional experience, and great customer service to Car Next Door members
- Analysing and making decisions about damage issues
- Liaising with stakeholders
- Managing insurance claims
- After hours on call (all customer service team members are on a rotation to do after hours on call every 9-12 weeks)
- Contributing to the development of systems and processes to ensure we are delivering remarkable service to our members
What will you need to succeed?
- 2+ years experience in a customer facing role
- A high level of computer competence (you don’t need to be a programmer but you do need to be able to work across multiple systems simultaneously)
- Strong and articulate written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong people skills. You will be part of a growing and integrated team that will require regular teamwork and conflict resolution in sensitive circumstances with members
- Very strong critical thinking and decision making skills. You will be analysing complex issues while managing competing priorities
- Drive and motivation. You need to be a self-starter and have the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Energy and enthusiasm. We operate at a high intensity, with a high level of accountability
- A desire to learn. Be a person who is constantly looking outside for new and better ways to do things. Our goal is to provide the best member experience in Australia (for any industry) and you will need to learn all the skills to make that happen!
- Previous insurance experience, particularly in claims, would be highly desirable
More about the role:
This is a full-time position, which can be done remotely within Australia. We have offices in Pyrmont & Melbourne for those who’d like to go into an office in those cities. The offer will include a salary & potential equity for the right person. The salary range on offer is between $50,000-$62,000 Inc. Super, depending on experience. The hours for this role are between 9am-6pm, Monday-Friday. After hours on-call element is approx. once every 9-12 weeks.
As a CND Employee, you’ll also get:
- A free heavyweight membership, with a $30 driving credit applied to your account each month
- Development - we encourage staff to continuously grow both personally and professionally by providing opportunities to network, attend events and access to learning materials
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of the business with involvement in our company-wide conference on a quarterly basis
- Bi-annual salary reviews
- Staff directed ‘Thank You’ vouchers, which team members can use to thank other employees for great work!
- More than a job - employees at CND get to be a part of something that is changing the way people get around, challenging the status quo, and creating a better future!