Title: Cyber Security Administrator Virtual/Remote Job
Location: Washington, DC, US
Cyber Security Administrator Virtual/Remote (Job Number:441205)
SAIC is hiring a Cyber Security Administrator for Dept of Navy VIRTUAL
IT professional with Security + certification with specialized experience in conducting vulnerability assessments, security reviews of systems and networks providing technical and non-technical IA support ensuring network systems operational in approved/authorized manner. Comprehensive knowledge of the DoN IA and A&A process is preferred.
Excellent communication and writing skills. Ability to conduct vulnerability assessments utilizing scanning tools (i.e. Retina, DISA Gold Disk, SRR. STIG, QTIP, ADT). Assist in writing IA policies and procedures. Research and interpret government regulations and standards. Provide guidance assistance to all levels of A&A technical and non-technical personnel. Performance of other duties as assigned.
- A working knowledge of several of the following areas is required: understanding of business security practices and procedures; knowledge of current security tools available; hardware/software firewalls and there implementation; different communication protocols; encryption techniques/tools; familiarity with commercial products and current Internet/EC technology.
- Provides support to plan, coordinate, and implement the organization’s information security.
- Provide support for facilitating and helping agencies identify their current security infrastructure and define future programs, design and implementation of firewall and other related security issues on LANs/WANs.
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues.
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions to MLS requirements.
- Gathers and organizes technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena.
- Performs risk analyses which also includes risk assessment.
- Designs, develops, or recommends integrated security system solutions that will ensure proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected.
- Provide technical engineering services for the support of integrated security systems and solutions.
- Participate with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Configures and validates secure systems.
- Test security products and systems.
- High level of functional competency with both Microsoft Server 2008R2, Server 2012, and a variety Linux Operating Systems
- 2-3 years of experience administering systems/networks with increasing levels of responsibility
- 2-3 years of experience with information security tools and DoD Information Assurance practices
- Preferred 2 years of specialized experience implementing and administering Host Based Security Systems (HBSS) and Host Intrusion Prevention Systems (HIPS)
- Knowledge of implementing server STIGs and DoD policies in Windows and UNIX systems/networks
- Knowledge of implementing server STIGs and DoD policies in IIS, Oracle DB, and MS SQL systems/applications
- Knowledge of scanning, verifying compliance, and reporting on security patches and configurations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years of IT experience or H.S. Degree and 6+ years of relevant experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Ideally 2-3 years in IT, with preferred experience specialized in writing Navy DIACAP/RMF packages
- DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level II Certification required
- DoD Directive 8570 IAT Level III Certification desired
SECRET Clearance required
Telecommuting is 100% from anywhere in US as long as employee has consistent internet and phone
SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC’s approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Shift: Day Job