Senior Continuous Integration Engineer
This is a non-management position
This is a full time position
At Railroad19, we develop customized software solutions and provide software development services. Do you enjoy automation, improving processes, and measuring the efficiency/benefits by graphing data-points (KPIs)? Would you enjoy working with multiple teams and/or projects, with the common goal of efficiently and quickly releasing small digital-product assets without sacrificing quality? Do you day-dream of analyzing value-stream-maps/processes, running proof-of-concept solutions, and implementing the final solution (code/templates which resides within a VCS)? Are you a believer of infrastructure-as-code and pipeline-as-code?
We are currently looking for a Continuous Integration (CI) Engineer to design our media clients’ deployment and release strategies and provide technical expertise to achieve Continuous Integration within our large-scale software development and deployments. As a CI Engineer, you would partner with Software Engineers (SWE) and Software Quality Engineers (SQE) to create pipelines ranging from single pipelines to multiple pipelines. You define the build orchestration that help SWEs and SQEs be more productive, write better code and provide immediate feedback for build statuses.
As an employee of Railroad19, you will be part of a company that values your work and gives you the tools you need to succeed. Our headquarters is in Saratoga Springs, New York. The position will be remote for the right candidate.
Railroad19 provides competitive compensation and excellent benefits~ Medical/Dental/Vision, vacation and 401K.
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing & enhancing build pipelines for Continuous Integration.
- Conduct training sessions on Build Orchestration, Build Tool synergies to various engineering stakeholders.
- Ability to reverse-engineer existing pipelines and build orchestration processes to develop a more robust build workflow.
- Ability to provide Pipeline instrumentation using a standardized process for various languages and technologies.
- Significant understanding on coding frameworks and applications such as J2EE, LAMP, Messaging Queues (MQ), and Search technologies
- Support, uphold and maintain standard CI process across multiple projects by providing knowledge sharing, such as: host meetings within our department and various teams, documentation (wiki).
- Continuous Improvements with the use of 1) Defining and Researching the Problem, 2) Proof of Concepts (POCs) to proof multiple solutions, 3) Pilots, and graduating workflow processes to be 3) Production-Level.
- Partake in application/configuration/infrastructure troubleshooting exercises, as necessary.
- Run demos, create/update documentation and host knowledge-sharing sessions around Automation and Delivery process.
- Good communication skills
- 5+ years of solid working experience in developing pipelines (build, test, deploy) for any of the following languages:
- Solid fundamental knowledge in network concepts (TCP/IP)
- Solid fundamental knowledge of Configuration Management Tools (e.g. Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- 3+ years in a scripting language (e.g. python, groovy)
- 3+ years working on products within an AWS Infrastructure
- 5+ years of solid working experience in Linux/Unix environments.
- 5+ years solid working experience with OS scripting (sh, bash)
- 3+ years of experience managing and maintaining build tools such as Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.
- 2+ years of automated environment provisioning and configuration using container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- 1+ years of Jenkins Pipeline (Pipeline as Code / groovy) experience
- 1+ years working with serverless technologies (e.g. AWS Lambda), a plus
- 1+ years in Java programming, a plus
- Mobile Apps (iOS/Android) continuous integration experience, a plus
- NodeJS continuous integration experience, a plus
- Knowledge/Experience of AWS CloudFormation and/or HashiCorp Terraform, a plus