Sr. Software Engineer
at Cherwell Software
Cherwell Software (@Cherwell) is a global leader in enterprise service management, empowering organizations through the use of intuitive technology for better, faster, and more affordable innovation. Our solutions and our people build lasting relationships. We are a growing company with offices in the US, Europe, and Australia.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in Colorado, Seattle,or work remote in the US.
Who Will Love This Job
- A team player : You collaborate with other team members to solve problems and work together to achieve deadlines and departmental goals.
- A learner: You learn quickly and maintain a diverse workload in a fast-paced environment.
- A problem solver: You use rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions. You probe all fruitful sources for answers and you can see hidden problems. You look beyond the obvious and you don’t stop at the first answer.
- A smart cookie: You are bright and intelligent. You deal with concepts and complexity comfortably. People describe you as intellectually sharp, capable and agile.
- Someone who is action-oriented: You enjoy working hard! You enjoy working hard! You are motivated to learn more about things you find challenging. You are not afraid of acting quickly and you are willing to jump on problems quickly.
What You’ll Do
We are looking for a software engineer with considerable expertise building enterprise-level web applications to join our innovative Engineering team. You will work on an Agile/Scrum team to develop different features for our product and will share your experience and knowledge to be a mentor to other developers. The ideal candidate is a strong developer with an eye for architecture who has built many of the following:
- Highly-scalable web applications
- Web services
- Native desktop applications
- Native mobile applications
- Server-side components
What You Should Have
- Ability to work within a very collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Expert knowledge of C# And .Net 4.0 or later; Java experience may be considered.
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming concepts, including SOLID principles, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, and Mocking
- Experience developing web applications and web services in C# And .Net
- WinForms or WPF desktop development
- An eye for a good user experience
- N-tier application development experience using WCF, Web Services, Windows Services, and IIS
- Using decentralized source control such as Git (or similar)
- Experience building frameworks and meta-data based applications
- Experience with software development in a compliance-oriented environment such as 508, FEDRAMP, FISMA and HIPAA
- Application globalization and localization
- Relational Database experience such as SQL Server a plus.
- Basic understanding of Windows Server and IIS.
- Web or desktop application security
- You like working with intelligent and driven colleagues
- You would enjoy working for a fast-growing software company
- We’re a fun, close-knit team
- We have a fast-paced, exciting work environment
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, and other benefits
- PTO plan to provide work-life balance
- 401(k) with employer matching program
- Commuter perks for some locations
- Paid community service day and philanthropy projects
- Our work environments vary by location; however, we believe in offering amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, standing/sitting desks, free onsite gym, basketball and volleyball courts, ping pong, videogames, shuffleboard, and darts.
- Fun group competitions, team outings, and new hire lunches with the CEO
Cherwell Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran. We do not tolerate discrimination against any applicant on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability or age. Cherwell encourages diversity in hiring, recognizing that this enriches the work environment and that a broad variety of perspectives enhances decision-making and creativity. If you require accessibility assistance applying for open positions in the US please send an email with your request to Recruiting@Cherwell.com.