VP, User Experience Design, Digital Channels
Job ID: R-10099338
Country: United States
Additional Locations: Brookfield, Wisconsin; Remote, Alabama; Remote, Arizona; Remote, Arkansas; Remote, California; Remote, Colorado; Remote, Connecticut; Remote, Delaware; Remote, District of Columbia; Remote, Florida; Remote, Georgia; Remote, Hawaii; Remote, Idaho; Remote, Illinois; Remote, Indiana; Remote, Iowa; Remote, Kansas; Remote, Kentucky; Remote, Louisiana; Remote, Maine; Remote, Maryland; Remote, Massachusetts; Remote, Michigan; Remote, Minnesota; Remote, Mississippi; Remote, Missouri; Remote, Montana; Remote, Nebraska; Remote, Nevada; Remote, New Hampshire; Remote, New Jersey; Remote, New Mexico; Remote, New York; Remote, North Carolina; Remote, North Dakota; Remote, Ohio; Remote, Oklahoma; Remote, Oregon; Remote, Pennsylvania; Remote, Rhode Island; Remote, South Carolina; Remote, South Dakota; Remote, Tennessee; Remote, Texas; Remote, Utah; Remote, Vermont; Remote, Virginia; Remote, Washington; Remote, West Virginia; Remote, Wisconsin; Remote, Wyoming
Do you thrive in a dynamic, committed, and professional environment and would you like to be a part of a team that positively effects change? Are you up for a challenge of driving the client experience forward?
You can Find Your Forward” as part of our team at Fiserv, a FORTUNE 500 member, and you will join the industry leader in financial services technology. With more than 23,000 associates around the world, we’re pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in financial services with deep expertise and a dedication to innovation.
It is an excellent time to join Fiserv and take on a rewarding and meaningful role that helps to drive significant change in a rapidly evolving and growing organization. At Fiserv, you’ll find a collaborative environment that values partnership and flexibility. Our rare combination of expertise and creative spirit helps us deliver the most comprehensive financial solutions to banks and businesses worldwide. We’re helping more businesses move money faster and more easily than ever before. Explore the possibilities of a career with Fiserv and Find Your Forward with us.
What does an exceptional VP of User Experience do?
The VP of User Experience will be responsible for the overall experience of the organization’s products and services. You will be charged with establishing holistic experience design as a key strategy for the organization and making it an intrinsic part of the company’s culture. They will establish the standards, processes and standard methodologies for designing the end-user experience. Directing strategic partners and leaders within the organization in the delivery of extraordinary experiences for Fiserv’s customers.
You can look forward to
The VP of User Experience is the chief advocate for the end-user and also responsible for leading the organization through the internal transformation of their research methods and design processes to evolve Fiserv into an experience leader in the digital banking sector. The VP of UX is responsible for developing the overall strategy, planning, prioritization and execution for the end-user experience for Fiserv Digital Channels. The VP of UX owns the vendor relationships and is responsible for their direction and quality of their output. This highly visible role will be accountable for strong results and will create Fiserv’s experience strategies and tactical plans prioritizing and capitalizing on business opportunities by partnering with other leaders within Fiserv. The VP of UX is responsible for overseeing all research and design operations including the budget, infrastructure, team and vendor management.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the development of experience design methods, processes and approach
- Establish the vision and strategy to transform the product experience
- Partner with internal leaders to establish priorities and plans to position Fiserv as a leader in digital banking
- Establish the design methodologies and processes that will be used in the design and development lifecycle, integrating with the Agile delivery model
- Grow, mentor and build a high performing team of skilled user experience professionals
- Promote overall competence in design research, innovation, and strategy
- Work with marketing, product management, and technology teams to define and execute on the end-to-end consumer experience
- Identify measurable UX metrics that deliver a return on investment to the organization and communicate them effectively
- Infuse the culture with a consumer first, design thinking mindset
- Function as the lead authority for UX acceptance of Go To Market deliverables, ensuring nothing goes to market that does not adhere to exceptional UX standards
Basic Qualifications for Consideration:
- 15+ years of experience in UX, Visual Design and user research, 7+ years of leadership experience with the ability to recruit, train, motivate and provide professional development for a high performing team
- Knowledge of Financial Institutions and User Experience in Financial Services a plus
- Ability to serve as a hands on leader and a willingness to lead by example, doing the work yourself if necessary
- Experience working in a software product company, driving design from planning to release over multiple releases.
- Strong responsive web design, iOS and Android experience.
- Expertise across all aspects of user experience, including UX strategy, interaction design, user research/assessment, prototyping, visual design, and production delivery.
- Previous experience establishing UX standard methodologies as part of a significant UX team.
- Experience leading teams in implementing a Design System and/or component libraries.
- Understand UX research methods and practices.
- Deep knowledge of interaction and visual designs best practices
- Have lead or worked on design projects that have garnered industry recognition and awards a plus
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Comfortable presenting to and communicating with senior management
- Ability to work on multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
Fiserv is an equal opportunity employer/disability/vet