Web Content Writer (Contract)
Strategy/UX Baltimore, Maryland
Fastspot is actively seeking a Web Content Writer for a limited contractual engagement. The Web Content Writer will be responsible for researching and developing written content for college and university websites.
The successful candidate will have a firm grasp and working knowledge of standard writing practices, basic design fundamentals, web optimization, and digital content management systems. The ability to meet deadlines, follow guidelines, and communicate with clients is a must.
The ideal candidate must also demonstrate the ability to work with client subject matter experts to produce clear, engaging content appropriate for the intended audience. Background research on branding and positioning and content research for the various pages included in each assignment will be required.
The Web Content Writer role is a part-time contractual position. We will consider local or remote candidates. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider applications from international applicants.
- Demonstrated excellence in writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in content creation for user-friendly, visually-appealing, dynamically-populated websites.
- Experience and proficiency in QA editing a variety of materials for grammar, style, content, format, consistency, and organization.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and working independently in a fast-paced environment with autonomy.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within a creative, team-based environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, set priorities, and take initiative.
- A degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Creative Writing, or a related field, or the equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- 3-5 years’ content writing experience.
- Ability to adhere to different style guides.
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualization and writing of a wide range of content types, from fact-based documents to story-oriented content.
- Demonstrated knowledge of marketing strategy.
- Interactive agency or in-house college/university background.
- Experience using web tools and environments, including enterprise-level Content Management Systems.
How to Apply
Please provide your resume, a cover letter detailing your interest in this opportunity, your standard hourly rate and an estimated number of hours per page, and three writing samples.
Successful remote applicants will demonstrate a capacity to excel from a remote location. Candidates who wish to be considered should be prepared to explain how they’ve been effective as a remote employee in the past and give examples of the tools or techniques they have used to stay connected with the on-site culture of their previous employer(s).
All communications regarding open positions at Fastspot are sent via an HR software application. Please whitelist firstname.lastname@example.org to help us avoid your spam filter!
Fastspot is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of factors such as sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, ability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, culture, class, age, or faith.
We don’t respond to recruiters. We aren’t interested in freelance help. We are unable to consider international applicants. No phone calls, please.