Senior LTD Claims Specialist
Job Location: Tampa, FL
Alternate Job Location: Remote possible, United States
Role Value Proposition
At MetLife, we seek to make a meaningful impact in the lives of our customers and our communities. The Global Technology & Operations group (GTO) is a diverse team of engineers, developers, business analysts, claims analysts and project managers with the freedom to create innovative and solutions to address core business challenges with MetLife. This role will provide exemplary customer service by processing a case load of 90 100 group disability claims in a timely and accurate manner.
- Independently assess, analyze and render appropriate claim decisions pursuant to certificates on most complex claim including clarifying functional capacity for initial liability and ongoing claims
- Communicate with a variety of constituents (claimants, doctors, nurses, employers, and attorneys) relating to decisions and to influence return to work
- Demonstrate consistency in meeting metrics and the ability to coach other newer members of the team to meet expectations
- Utilize tools independently and accurately to identify work to be completed across the entire claim block, prioritize work, determine if/when to involve specialty resources such as clinical staff to obtain additional information on a claim.
- Determine return to work potential and strategy, identify a likely claim progression based on the facts of the claim and take action on their own assessment of the claim.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- High School Diploma
- 5 or more years of Group LTD claim experience
- Excellent Correspondence and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated critical thinking in activities requiring analysis, investigation, and/or planning.
- Ability to work independently and manage caseload of pended and active claims
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Working knowledge of STD/Disability/Leave procedures preferred.
- Additional experience with clinical background/vocational experience/Workers Compensation/Social Security Benefits claim management or offset expertise
- Mentoring experience in LTD
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an online profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 105557