Senior Developer - Cloud
# Of Openings: 1
Job Locations: Remote - U.S.
Category: Cloud Solutions
As a Senior Developer within Hyland’s Cloud Platform Development team, you will be responsible for the design, development, testing, deployment, maintenance, and troubleshooting/support of critical business applications. Developers at this level are established professionals, recognized as subject matter experts in either programming, product or platform. Senior Developers work on large and complex development initiatives, planning and coordinating projects. Acts as a mentor to other Developers.
- Actively contributes to project planning. Applies principles, concepts and techniques of technology/discipline. May be assigned product leadership over one or more modules and/or functionalities. Models best practices and standards within the team.
- Work is significant to project’s success. Solutions have implications for other areas of the project due to the intricacies involved. May work on several components of a project or a complex component of a project.
- Works effectively across the full stack. Maintains detailed knowledge of one technology and a broader general understanding of several technologies/domains. Works beyond the routine utilizing specialized knowledge. Key resource for architectural expertise in one or more of the following: foundational frameworks, database schema, UI/UX, security, automated testing, performance and functional features.
- Works under broad supervision on priorities and short-term goals. Seeks input from peers and project/team leader as issues warrant. Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in solving complex problems.
- Involved in all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle. May be called upon to conduct presentations to other departments or business stakeholders.
- Provides mentoring to more junior staff on an ongoing basis.
- Significant involvement in troubleshooting complex support issues. May require working outside of normal business hours.
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented, Service-Oriented, and/or Resource-Oriented software design concepts
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues independently. Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Demonstrated strong programming proficiency in at least one computer language. Strong desire to gain expertise in C#, .NET, and Microservices. The ideal candidate will have real-world experience developing web applications (MVC, Angular, NancyFX, etc.) and/or working with reliable messaging technologies (nServiceBus, MSMQ, RabbitMQ, Azure Service Fabric, etc).
- Attention to detail. Demonstrated desire and ability to improve the code, architecture, operations, and development processes
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- BS or MS preferred and 10+ years of related and progressively more responsible experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the principal duties of the job