Instructor I, General Education - Online
West Coast University (WCU), a private university with the singular focus of educating health care professionals, is currently seeking an Instructor I for General Education - Online. This is an outstanding opportunity for a professional to join a growing university as we expand our academic programs in health care and related fields.
Reporting directly to the Online Faculty Manager, and/or University Chair of General Education, the Instructor I, General Education supports the University in fulfillment of its mission, purpose, and goals. Focuses extensively on facilitating student learning associated with prescribed course and program learning outcomes. Provides professional leadership and support, and serves as an educator, role model, mentor and facilitator. Creates an educational environment which fosters innovation, responsiveness, and accountability. Provides program-specific expertise and is actively engaged in relevant department initiatives. Supports University, Online, and/or departmental goals in order to assure compliance with programmatic accreditation and/or licensure, internal consistency, and graduate outcomes that meet student learning, workplace, and placement expectations. Actively and substantively participates in assessment of student learning activities to maximize the potential for students to learn what is necessary to meet prescribed outcomes. Vigorously upholds a culture of academic integrity.
- Master’s degree in specialty field required.
- Must provide a documented background in educational methodology consistent with teaching assignments including but not limited to education theory and practice, or current concepts relative to specific subjects he or she will be teaching, or current clinical practice experience, or distance education techniques and delivery.
- Must meet and maintain the qualifications and standards set forth by any accreditation body that West Coast University is accredited by or in process of obtaining accreditation from, for area of expertise and expectations of faculty member as set forth in regulatory documents.
- Must maintain any professional certifications deemed necessary to meet the requirements of the teaching role.
- Two years or less experience in teaching in a university or college setting as defined by University’s faculty handbook.
- A minimum of 1 year instruction in fully online courses preferred (12 semester credits; e.g. 4, 3-semester credit courses or the equivalent); not applicable to current WCU faculty.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products, especially Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and other MS office products as needed.
- Knowledge of state, federal and local laws/regulations relating to programs, governmental compliance and other regulatory standards and/or accreditation bodies.
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Vacation, sick and holiday schedule
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Long/short term disability and more.
To learn more about West Coast University and apply for this exciting opportunity, please visit our website: www.westcoastuniversity.edu
West Coast University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we seek candidates who desire to work in and serve an ethnically-diverse population.