Senior Manager Property & Casualty Claims
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Remote - U.S.
- Orlando, Florida
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration, and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of “America’s Best Midsized Companies Two Years in a Row” We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Unit Manager, Casualty Claims provides overall oversight on the claims handling process. They direct the handling of the claim and provide insight and direction to the Claim Adjuster. They conduct claim reviews with the client in addition to reviews of the claim files. They also take part in performance evaluation as well as the performance improvement process. The Unit Manager may also carry a pending file as well.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Technical Claim Skills
- Pending file
- Coverage knowledge
- Knowledge of legal concepts
- Performance and objective setting skills
- Communication skills
- This position reports to the Assistant Vice President
- Casualty Claims Adjuster
- Workers Compensation Claims Examiner
- Claims Support
- Directs and plans the work of staff members and has direct involvement with and/or responsibility for the hiring, coaching, developing, training, appraising and disciplinary processes for subordinates
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- 5 to 8 years
- Decision making
- Claim handling principles, including legal concepts
- Knowledge of damages, including bodily injury
- Performance management