Hello. We are ShipHero (https://shiphero.com). We have built a software platform entrusted by hundreds of ecommerce companies, large and small to run their operations. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful and easy to use. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.
Our team is remote, with most of our engineers in North and South America with many in New York and Argentina. We do daily stand-ups via Google Meet and communicate regularly using video chat and Slack.
We are seeking a team lead for our carrier and platform integrations team. The integrations team connects with carriers including UPS, FedEx, DHL, USPS, Canada Post, Australia Post and platforms including Shopify, Amazon, Bigcommerce, eBay, WooCommerce and more. The team is currently 5 engineers, a mix of senior and junior. We intend to grow the team to ten engineers over the next year and a half and are looking for an experienced lead for the team.
You would be a fundamental member of the team focusing on building a solid foundation for the platform. We seek people who are excited and driven to grow with the experience of working with talented engineers. We are obsessed with disrupting an industry that desperately needs it, by continuing to build tools that help make our customers do great things.
We are hiring engineers in American timezones only for right now.
- You understand that great things are accomplished when teams work together.
- You’ve got lots of experience with Python, SQLAlchemy, FLASK and ideally GraphQL.
- You have lots of AWS experience.
- You can code review other team members work and provide assistance and appreciate feedback.
- You take pride in your craft.
- You’ve learned from building systems and solutions the reasons to avoid technical debt, and how to approach and implement TDD and CI practices.
- You can craft elegant solutions when solving complex features and solutions.
- You’ve worked on eCommerce solutions.
- You want to build something that is disrupting an entire industry.
- While hands on experience is not a requirement, you’re interested in learning how to apply machine learning and AI technologies and tools.
- You can handle a fast paced environment.
- You’ve made a lot of mistakes, and most importantly, have learned from them.
- Work on a cross-functional teams to build integrations that are well designed and work consistently and scale well.
- Review features and requirements and guide, design and implement solutions.
- Understand business requirements and think through solutions in terms of not just the coding implementation but also how the solution fits into the solution and how it solves a customer need.
- Ability to estimate effort and ship on agreed schedule. Comfortable pushing yourself and your team members when challenges pop up.
- Lead regular code reviews, with the goal of code quality, good design and approach along with pushing engineers to improve and evolve.
- Optimize existing tech stack and solutions, determine path to next step in the evolution.
- Learn, and push those around you to do the same - this is a craft that you’re constantly improving upon.
- Implement solutions that are pragmatic to get the platform built.
- Have the confidence to work with experienced and talented people to just build great things, you’re not a “rockstar”.
- Work with ShipHero leadership to implement practices and principles for the team.
Hello. We are ShipHero. We have built a software platform entrusted by thousands of ecommerce companies to run their operations and we continue to grow. Over US$1billion of ecommerce orders are shipped a year via ShipHero. Many of our customers sell on Shopify and/or Amazon. We’re driven to help our customers grow their businesses, by providing a platform that solves complex problems, and is engineered to be reliable and fast. You can learn more about the value we bring to our customers at https://shiphero.com and https://marketplace.shiphero.com We are obsessed with building great technology, that is beautiful, easy to use and is loved by our customers. Our culture also reflects our ethos and belief that by bringing passionate, talented and great people together - you can do great things.