Job Locations: US-Remote
GovernmentCIO is seeking an SQA Test Manager to support the VA’s Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Health Portfolio. Under Test Lead direction execute the test planning, assessment, development, and execution tasks associated with increment, sustainment, and break fix code releases for assigned areas. Identify and mitigate risks and advise DAS Test Manager about risks. Coordinate and communicate test script development activities with Requirements, Technical Lead, Project Management, DAS Integration Testing, Access Services Development, Consuming Application staff. Recommend solutions to be used for planning, scheduling, and tracking testing activities by utilizing multiple project management and test tools which include Rational Jazz, Rational Quality Manager, VA ProPath templates, MS Project, Primavera, Visio, and SharePoint. Adhere to quality management standards and procedures. Adhere to VIP processes and procedures.
- Ensure requirements traceability to legally binding requirements
- Use Rational Jazz for Change, Configuration, Requirements and Test Case and Results management
- Assist development of test procedures, test cases (frontend, backend and integration), test plans, requirements traceability, schedules, and test reports
- Ensure compliance with test processes and procedures
- Maintain the SQA Test Artifacts in the SharePoint
- Assist the test lead to coordinate, execute, document, and report on test activities required to support the release of Access Services functionality
- Coordinate, execute, document, and report on test activities required to support the integration of Access Services functionality with consuming applications
- Coordinate test preparation activities to include setting up the SQA test environment and data
- Review and execute contractor test plans and scripts
- Work with development teams and Project Managers to resolve test defects
- Estimate level of effort based upon tasks and responsibilities specific to tester functions
- Experience planning, implementing and executing software testing processes
- Experience building test scripts.
- Possess a clear understanding between functional and regression testing.
- Possesses good communication, analytical, and writing skills.
- Proven ability to work in a team-oriented environment
Tools & Software Experience:
- Experience with Rational Quality Manager, Rational Functional Tester, and Rational Performance Tester software
- Proficient in MS Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as Information Technology Testing tools (e.g. SOAP UI).
- Proficiency in MS Visio desired (but not required)
Education Requirements: Degree in engineering, or a related scientific or technical discipline is required.
Years of Experience Required: 5+