Senior UX Designer
At Gradle Inc. our mission is to accelerate developer productivity and transform how software is built and shipped. We are the company behind Gradle Build Tool, a top 20 open source project used by millions of developers. We are proud that we have created a unique commercial product, Gradle Enterprise, and are now successfully selling it to some of the most advanced development teams in the worlds.
Gradle employs exceptional software engineers and designers around the world. Being a primarily distributed team requires that all members are self-managing, highly motivated, and seriously passionate about designing world class user experiences.
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment where we learn from each other is important to our values. We welcome people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
The job of the Senior UX Designer is to envision how people experience our products in way that feels intuitive, innovative, refined and inspired. As a Senior UX Designer you will transform complex tasks into intuitive, accessible and easy to use designs for millions of engineers across the globe. In this role you will work with Designers, Engineers and Product Managers throughout the design process from ideation to production. You will work to understand our users and represent their needs throughout your designs. You will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the day to day workings of some of the most advanced development teams in the world. This role reports to the Director of Design.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design new features from start to finish including early stage conceptual thinking, early stage design iterations, visual design explorations, and asset creation.
- Transform product goals into intuitive and easy to use experiences.
- Influence the greater team to adopt user-centered design principles and thinking.
- Contribute to, or evolve our existing design systems, patterns and visual languages.
- Identify areas of improvement amongst our existing products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Visual Communications, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field or equivalent in practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a UX Designer.
- Experience creating modern desktop web applications from concept to production.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Include links to online portfolios in addition to your resume. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
- A deep passion for clean and modern visual design aesthetics.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience or interest in data visualization.
- Experience designing multiple features under the umbrella of a larger product.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities without compromising quality.
- Demonstrated typographic skills.
Submit with your application: Portfolio or work samples illustrating design rigor, depth of thought, creativity and the ability to solve complex design problems.