This role will be writing Java backend code running on serverless architectures , so experience in this environment is required. In addition, experience with front-end JS frameworks such as ReactJS is a solid plus.
Beyond that, we are looking for polyglot engineers who have a hunger for learning new languages and tools. We also have open positions for C# Engineers. At Citrusbyte, learning new languages and technology, in general, is part of the job, and you should always be able to answer the question: “what have I learned this week?”
We believe that less is more and we vehemently value simplicity. This is reflected in the tools we choose to work with. For this reason, we tend to avoid using big frameworks like Spring/Struts, and instead lean towards smaller, more focused tools.
We have also done projects in Ruby, Elixir, Node.js, Go, Python, Lua, etc. We strive to learn new tools and languages every day. We believe in always choosing the right tool for the job and we are very open-minded about trying different technologies.
Skills & Requirements:
- Smart, gets things done.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Consulting experience.
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working in a highly distributed company.
- Open minded and always learning.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Architect and build web applications.
- Work with product designers and clients to clarify requirements, prototype functionality and build products.
- Plan, estimate and prioritize work in a collaborative and distributed team.