Manifold is helping developers break free from the closed ecosystems of the cloud and into a more open, standards based community of services and APIs. Our marketplace connects applications, wherever they are hosted, to independent cloud services made by developers who care. Read more about our vision and funding here and check out our blog.
We are looking for an experienced, collaborative front-end developer to inspire us, teach us, and bring our React architecture and coding forward.
Our partially distributed software development team is fun-loving, knowledgeable, and extremely productive. We’re organized to let you explore and grow a variety of skills and capabilities, with many chances to create a significant impact. Many of us have strong ties to the open-source world, and have experience building tools at companies like Heroku, Red Hat, LinkedIn, and Canonical.
We value diversity and supporting a distributed culture. Gender diversity is currently about one quarter. About half of the company work outside of the home Halifax, Canada office, including product, software development, and design leaders.
- Help lead a friendly, supportive culture that encourages you and the entire company to improve as developers, teams, and people.
- Be a model and mentor for building well-architected, performant, well-tested, and understandable code.
- Manage technical debt. Help us find the right corners to cut for speed, and the right problems to invest in for maintainability.
- Be passionate about our mission, and help us imagine Manifold’s future. Work closely with design and product in short design-first iteration.
- Be curious. Learn, practice, share, and improve our knowledge and best practices in technologies, security, software development, design and collaboration.
- Strong communication skills with a team centric approach to discussion and decision-making. Empathy and respect for others, with “strong opinions loosely held.”
- Enough experience deploying and operating server-side code that you have empathy for the users of our service.
- Full command of Git, GitHub, the terminal, continuous deployment and integration, and other modern fundamentals.
- Solid grasp of CSS principles and semantic markup.
- Experience extracting front-end assets from design programs like Sketch or InVision is very nice to have.
- Experience working in a global, distributed team is very nice to have.
- Our backend and CLI are written in Go; Go experience is nice to have.