Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
Endpass is a blockchain startup solving one of the biggest technology problems: digital identity. We’re building an identity platform that puts users back in control of their data.
We’re looking to hire our first core team members to build a transformative product that will be used by millions of people.
In addition to competitive salary and performance bonuses, you will also be eligible for equity and token-based compensation as we grow.
We value fast iteration, open communication, transparency, and developer happiness.
Our tech stack includes Vue.js and Nuxt on the frontend, with Golang and Redis on the backend, hosted on AWS EC2 and S3. Knowledge of blockchain technology and smart contracts is helpful but not required.
This is a full-time remote position, and we welcome candidates from all over the world.
What You Will Do
- Build the backend powering our product
- Use Go (Golang) to build scalable, high performance services that will be used by millions of users
- Design, document, and implement new open protocols and standards for the next generation of distributed apps
- Help design system architecture and optimize performance
- Work directly with the CEO and the rest of the development team to have a big impact on product direction and strategy.
- Help recruit, interview, hire, and mentor junior engineers as the company grows
- Minimum 2 years experience in a backend/server-side engineering role
- Experience building REST APIs
- Experience working with relational SQL databases as well as NoSQL key/value databases like Redis
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals - IP addressing, ports, sockets, protocols, etc
- Advanced understanding of the UNIX command line, Linux server administration, and common command-line tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
Nice to Have
- Experience with at least one other statically typed language and another dynamically typed language
- Experience implementing standards-based identity using OAuth, OpenID, or SAML
- History of contribution to open-source projects
- Understanding of Ethereum smart contracts, Solidity, and blockchain technology
- Experience working on a remote, distributed team, or for an early stage startup