Senior Software Developer, Application Security Team
San Antonio, Texas, United States (TELECOMMUTE)
Mailgun is hiring a senior software developer to join our application security team. The team’s mission is to protect our customers from unauthorized use of their accounts by implementing state of the art security measures. Our ideal candidate is a full stack engineer with a passion for security, a jack-of-all-trades who can figure out how to protect every component of the system from a wide range of attacks.
Mailgun has a distributed engineering team and will consider qualified candidates anywhere in the world. We have engineering offices in San Francisco, Austin, San Antonio, and Nizhny Novgorod (Russia).
- We believe in contributing back to the community. Many of the tools and libraries we’ve developed are open source (https://github.com/mailgun).
- We move fast and don’t believe in having unnecessary silos and red tape that keep teams from shipping software. As a developer on the team, you are responsible for not only building great software, but ensuring it is operating properly once it’s been deployed.
- We have a passion for solving hard problems our services are responsible for processing billions of requests each day and have to not only scale, but be highly secure.
- Monitor security vulnerabilities coming from the bug bounty program.
- Secure API endpoints and customer-facing UI from wide range of attacks.
- Implement security measures against credentials compromise and account takeover.
- Maintain and improve existing authentication and authorization mechanisms.
- Develop services that proactively invalidate exposed credentials.
- Perform proactive research and threat modeling to detect new attack vectors.
- Perform reactive incident response when a security event occurs.
- Being the security subject matter expert
- BS in Computer Science or related area.
- Education in security or related, self-taught or e-learning is accepted.
- 4+ years of a relevant work experience.
- Experience with high-performance distributed systems.
- Experience with RESTful web services.
- Experience working with MongoDB and/or Cassandra.
- 6+ weeks PTO (treat yo’self)
- 100% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for employee
- 50% Dental, Medical and Vision coverage for dependents
- Mailgun contribution of $250 for every 1% of earnings that you contribute to the 401(k)
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- Parking and transit accounts (San Francisco)
- Life insurance 1x annual salary