Oddball believes that the best products are built when engineers understand and value the things they are working on. We value learning and growth and the ability to make a big impact at a small company. We believe that we can make big changes happen and improve the daily lives of millions of people by bringing quality software to the federal space.
We are looking for an experienced developer to help build improve and build out backend code that interfaces with external systems. As an early hire on a small team, you’ll have a huge stake in what we build and how we work.
Our engineering team is small, distributed, and largely asynchronous. We value a calm, collected environment where you can focus on doing great work. Aside from a couple of weekly check-ins or project updates, you’ll be able to work interruption-free.
You can expect top-of-the-market pay and flexible hours. We are a fully remote team.
What you’ll be doing
Working hand in hand with other engineers developing and running a high traffic node.js application. Day to day work will involve writing code, developing tests, and debugging.
- 4+ years of Node.js experience
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Experience with complex node apps in large enterprise environments
- Comfortable working with multiple different data storage systems ranging from Redis to SQL
- Exposure to large-scale AWS infrastructures (EC2, S3, CloudTrail, etc)
- Exposure and desire to learn more about DevOps technologies (terraform, Jenkins, Ansible)
- Experience and a willingness to participate in on-call rotations
Bonus if you have experience with the following:
- Understanding of the ins and outs of authentication systems (SAML, LDAP, SSO) and how they run at scale
- CI/CD job management with Jenkins or similar
- Understanding of intermediate networking (what a proxy is, how it works, and considerations for clients. common nginx and CDN configurations.)
- Docker experience
Must be located within the US
This is a salaried role. As part of your benefits package, Oddball provides a continuing education stipend and a tech stipend per month.