Title: QA - Release Manager (Remote)
Location: Washington DC US
Category: Software Development
Job Type: Full-Time
Want to be DNSFilter’s first QA/Release Manager?
Are you a looking for a to take a ride on?
Excited to tackle new challenges even though you’re also a bit afraid of change?
Want to work with great people at one of the fastest growing startups in the industry?
If this is you, you might be interested in the opportunity to join DNSFilter!
Your mission, if you choose to accept it:
- Run our Quality Assurance process: Manual Testing & Automated Testing
- Ensure releases go smooth, and the right customers are notified, announcements are published.
This might sound ‘corporate’; But at DNSFilter, it is not.
We deeply believe this mission critical. We know people are our most valuable asset. They are the soul of the company and what will make us successful. They are what makes it so exciting to start each day at DNSFilter.
In practice, here is the list of responsibilities:
- Perform manual QA Testing of our web apps, APIs, infrastructure components and client apps (Android, Windows, Coming Soon: Mac, Linux, iOS)
- Work with engineers to create issues to automate that manual testing - to reduce and eventually eliminate manual testing after validation
- Collaborate with other engineers to develop effective testing strategies
- Help ensure that all issues being worked by engineers have an effective understanding of what the feature will do for users, impact other systems
- Work with our CIO to takeover release engineering responsibilities once QA processes have been established
This might seem like a lot of expectations for the role (or not!). But do not fear, you’ll be given time. You’ll be given the necessary support and resources to succeed. We’ve been working with the best people in the field. You’ll have access to them, and the scope of your responsibilities will advance at the pace that’s best for you. Which leads us to an important question…
Is this an opportunity for you?
We believe this opportunity is a great fit for you if:
- You care about people and doing the right thing - your work product is a reflection of yourself.
- You have a generous and always-positive personality. It makes people ask you ‘What did you eat for breakfast?!’.
- You learning and you learn fast. You want to keep building your career and your skillset.
- You see new challenges as an opportunity to build new skills and have fun.
- You are driven and have this freaky mix of good judgment, creativity and a detail-oriented mindset. This officially makes you a creature of legends.
We’re looking for candidates with:
- 1 or more years of experience with manual QA Testing
- Organizational and Project Management skills
- Desire to leverage existing skills to coordinate Release Management
You’ll set yourself apart from other candidates if you have:
- Familiarity with any of our project languages, in order of importance: Node/React, Ruby on Rails, golang, Python, PHP, c#, Java, Elixir
- Experience doing QA Automation
- Familiarity with Github and github issues, Pull Requests, merging
- Familiarity with an agile development process and startups (Kanban, Scrum, Trello)
What do we have to offer?
- We’re a fast paced, innovative team focused on personal and professional growth. We’re extremely transparent and listen to employees and customers alike - it’s a great place to work!
- You’ll report directly to the CIO. You’ll be able to expand your responsibilities as you grow. You’re not boxed into a job description. DNSFilter is a Techstars company - this means you’ll have the opportunity to learn alongside us from some of the best mentors and startups in the world.
- We’ve been increasing ARR by 20% every month.
- We’re fully funded and on track to keep growing.
- We’re a remote-first company - We hire anywhere within 6 hour time zone of EST, but you can also join us in downtown D.C. at our cool with a roof deck, ping pong tables, putting greens and beer on tap!
- Our service practically sells and speaks for itself!
Want to learn more about this opportunity and see if there is a good fit?