AWS Data Architect (Remote)
- 312- Enterprise Data
- Full Time
Join Best Friends and turn your career into a labor of love. The benefits package is one of the best! Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, Child Care reimbursement , Pet Sitting reimbursement, Flexible Spending Account, Health Savings Account, PTO, Paid Holidays, Employee Assistance Program, 401k and Staff Discounts.
- The AWS Data Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement solutions based upon a cloud data management platform such as AWS, Google, or MS Azure.
- This includes gathering requirements, assisting with project management, designing solutions, providing end user education, and rolling out to production data management solutions within the chose cloud platform.
- The AWS Data Architect will be responsible, in conjunction with the Director, Enterprise Data & Analytics, for setting the technical direction of data management initiatives and projects.
- The AWS Data Architect will also provide mentoring and guidance in best practices to other members of the Enterprise Data & Analytics team.
Project Management (30%)
- Team with Project Manager to elicit and develop requirements for new Data projects.
- Team with Project Manager to develop timelines for delivery of Data Projects.
Cloud Data Architecture (30%)
- Using industry best practices and practical experience design cloud based data management solutions to business challenges.
- Evaluate and select cloud data management products, including hardware, database management systems, ETL software, metadata management tools, and database design solutions.
Solution Implementation (30%)
- Partner with PM to direct, organize, and lead projects in the implementation and use of new cloud data management solutions.
- Lead the technical efforts related to solution implementation.
- Work with project managers to ensure that solution delivery is aligned with business partner expectations.
- Ensure delivered solutions include appropriate mechanisms to meet agreed upon SLAs.
- Act as evangelist for data across the organization; promote data usage to relevant departments.
- Mentor and/or provide leadership to other members of the team.
Skills & Experience:
- A baccalaureate degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience.
- AWS or MS related Big Data or Cloud Computing certification preferred.
- 5- 10 years of experience in developing data solutions.
- Comprehensive data warehouse analysis and database design experience.
- Expertise in one or more cloud data management platforms such as AWS, MS, or Google.
- Strong ability to analyze user requirements and build data models and BI applications according to specifications.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain technology in nontechnical terms.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a fluid and highly visible environment.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Experience designing and building ETL and/or data pipelines.
- Experience with the MS BI Stack, including: SQL, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS, BIDS/SSDT, and SPS a plus.
- Experience in the Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server BI environments a plus.
- Experience with Agile methodology a plus.
- Able to work at a computer for extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Able to occasionally work outside of normal business hours for support and deployment activity.
- Able to participate in on-call rotation as necessary.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.